VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
12,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its about 1 inch high, and 2 inches long, It looks like an old japanese building, and on the bottom is an upside down wolf. The emblem is black and silver and is only on the passenger side next to the wheel well near the door. did this come stock with my car. 87 GTi.

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts
Re: what's this little symbol next to my wheel well, looks like a japanese building (Flipdriver80)

Looks like someone put a Jetta fender on your GTI, and for some reason installed the Wolfsburg emblem upside down.

BTW the black and silver emblems mean made in Germany, since no Golfs in the US were made in Germany, it came from a Jetta.

· Registered
12 Golf 2.5, 99.5 Cabrio GLS
48,809 Posts
Re: (Flipdriver80)

It's clipped in. THe reason it is there is because the fender came from Germany, so it has a cutout for a German side blinker. VW slapped these badges in place to cover up the hole. Just turn it the right way and rock the only German badged GTI in the US

That or drill holes in the other fender, and install Euro blinkers.

· Registered
12,686 Posts
Re: what's this little symbol next to my wheel well, looks like a japanese building (Flipdriver80)

I know a kid selling a 92 GTI with wolfsberg badges on it also..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.