VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my V6 t reg into the local dealer because at 9400 miles my two front Dunlop Grand Trek tires were worn well beyond the wear indicators and on the inside of the left side there was literally no tire tread what so ever. The problem was the tires were "toed in 4 degrees" and that VW said that I had done something to do this. After much ranting VWOA decided to warrenty it. In anycase the dealer told me you have to drive thirty miles on the new tires to "recalibarate the system" since this is now underwarrenty I'm not concerned though what happens when you need new tires? Does that mean you'll have to go to a VW dealer to get new tires and pay the big bucks to the service department? If its true that means along with the expensive oil changes it seems that this is a very pricey vechicle to own.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Re: Whats up with mounting new tires? (InDebt)

Your dealer is talking about 're-calibrating" your TPM. You need to put it in the learning mode and go drive until the warning light goes out, then the TPM will reflect the correct tire pressure.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts