VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what's your 1/4 mile time on a new beetle 1.8T or any 1.8t(what are your mods)

I am getting ready to run my modified new beetle and I am wonder what is the fastest 1/4 mile time from a 1.8 turbo.
Last season I was running 15.40 at 89.99mph. I run my car at a track where there is no allitude adjusting so I am getting true time from my car. This is not like the time that you see in most magizine articals. Those test are done on a track that is over 550 feet above see level the track I race on is at 500 ft.
I also was spenning throw 60 ft timeing but I cut a 670 on my light.

I will let everyone know what my time is after I get back from the Mountain Parkway Motor Plex in Claycity Kentucky on sunday. The race is on Saturday durning the day, so if your near by come race your car on even come watch.

[Modified by BEETLERACERGIRL, 2:41 AM 4-9-2002]

[Modified by BEETLERACERGIRL, 10:41 PM 4-9-2002]

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
Re: what's your 1/4 mile time on a new beetle 1.8T or any 1.8t (Turbobug)

14.6 right now, expect to be in the low 13's when I have finished current project, aiming for 12's by the end of the year.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Re: what's your 1/4 mile time on a new beetle 1.8T or any 1.8t (Bugtit1.8T)

14.81 with non rotated dead stock tires for one year heh, Up chip, Downpipe no cat and neuspeed exhaust. Im going to try to run this week perhaps and practice on my launches and with my nittos (might help) turbo air inlet pipe, lower IC pipe see if it really makes a difference heh.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.