VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tell whether it's real or Gran Turismo (or other video game) and how much power the car was making.
Just set a new one for me, 7:44.997 [Gran Turismo 4, regular controller], 357 PS.

Modified by Entwerfer des Audis at 12:31 AM 3/20/2008

· Registered
38 Posts
Re: What's your best Nürburgring time in an Ur quattro? (Entwerfer des Audis)

I'll play

It's been a while since I did that one, but as far as I remember everything was maxed out in regards to tuning; biggest turbo, nos (
), weight reduction , soft tires and a ugly ass spoiler for downforce.
No driver aids though...

· Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What's your best Nürburgring time in an Ur quattro? (onward)

Damn, that's quick! It must have taken a while to get that good! Seriously, how many horsepower was it making? I suppose I could cut maybe 5 or 10 sec. off my time, but I think I had the power maxed out on my Ur. How'd you do such a quick lap?

· Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Here are some pics from my 7:45.

On the long straight:

Through Flugplatz:

Uphill charge out of Bergwerk:

· Registered
55 Posts

hmm... well just did a 1 lap wonder...
7'22.216
maxed out HP, racing medium tryes and NO wing... went off 4 times whoops...
haven't done much, no time latley, but i think we can put assignments to one side for a bit of car set up, and competition haha...

· Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: What's your best Nürburgring time in an Ur quattro? (mik_git)

Quote, originally posted by mik_git »
question, on the game, HOW many laps do you think youve done... i'd say like many many thousands...

I've done probably somewhere between 40 and 100, not that many, but I've memorised much of the track. Still, the faster the lap goes, the harder it is to keep from going off (obviously).
I think I sort of spun once while on my 7:45 and had to reverse it back onto the track, (racing soft). I just did a 2 lap session, though, so I'm sure I could have gotten a bit better.
By the way, what is maxed out horsepower on the Ur on GT4? I know nitrous adds 70 hp if you have it set to max power.
I'm pretty busy, as well, so that's tough. I'll try to find some more time in the next week or two.
Great job on the quick laps, though. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
55 Posts

7'17.277 that time...
can go faster... but i think soft tyres 1st... then maybe a wing...
my offs were just where you go off and your still going, but loosing time rather than making it up... not actual crashes... so off twice that time...

· Registered
6,048 Posts
Ooooh I wanna get my ps2 working again.. I was rally racing my rs6 last weekend when my friend walked by and tripped over my controller wire... The ps2 fell 5 feet and doesn't play gt4 anymore http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
I reckon I could get a 7:10-ish in my red baby if I could get the oppertunity to play

Modified by V8Star at 5:53 PM 4-6-2008

· Registered
55 Posts
Re: (V8Star)

can't remember exactally... 6 50 something i think... with everything on e the car (SS tyres, wing etc)... theres moretime there, but too many assignments... oh they were adivertising GT5 prologue on tv ... looks really good... hmmm laptop for school... or PS3???... hmmm

· Registered
5,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: (mik_git)

Personal best (done today) was 7:33, but I only did two laps.
I've discovered that it's fun to take the N-ring with a Honda Insight - I'm somewhere in the region of 8:15 with that, and it's only 160 PS.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.