VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
32,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
What's the car that you really want right now and could even afford, but won't get because, damnit, you're too sensible.

For me it's the Fiesta ST.

Having seen all the positive review videos of it, I can't help lusting after one. A bit of a pocket rocket that handles well and is even affordable. What's better than that?
But I don't need a new car now. And my Golf is super practical, I can just shove my XC skis and my road bike in the car and it has a hitch for the bike rack. But I'm sure I'd giggle a lot more driving an ST Fiesta.

Edit: And a set of these. :D

·
Registered
6,857 Posts

Honestly, I'm just over having a dedicated summer car, less is more. Rather just have one do it all car and save on expenses, maintenance, detailing hassle, stress, and 'obligation to drive it once in a while' hassle.

·
Registered
A chili pepper and a little gator.
7,714 Posts
Lots of irrantional automotive purchases in my past. Once we finish rebuilding this house I hope to make a move on one of the following. Probably build the FF Daytona Coupe but who knows.

New:

Old:

Kit:

·
Registered
Lifted Prius, Lifted G37
13,348 Posts
Not sure "desire" is the right word, but a Model 3. It's a fairly sensible car, I guess, but it makes no sense for me to buy one. So I won't.

·
Registered
32,139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Honestly, I'm just over having a dedicated summer car, less is more. Rather just have one do it all car and save on expenses, maintenance, detailing hassle, stress, and 'obligation to drive it once in a while' hassle.
I share this one with you. Just something about sitting low in a tight-fitting cabin and having the long hood in front of you. And being able to put the top down when you're over the mountain pass and down in the Italian summer.

Make mine without the M bodykit, though, and 18's instead of 19's.

·
Registered
11,804 Posts
Alfa GTV

I really want to build one with modern Air Conditioning and a 3 liter Busso v6. But I really don't have bandwith for another project now. It also makes no sense as I already have a project Spider, which is mechanically the same car (albeit with a 4 banger Nord instead of an engine swap).

·
Registered
8,384 Posts
1. Soul Red Crystal Miata Club with Recaros and BBS wheels. I won't do it because I have a strict "no 2 seaters" rule:

2. BMW M2 Competition. If I had 6 more months I MIGHT do this, but it goes out of production in June and I am not going to be ready by then:

There are many more, including the always-a-possibly first gen Taurus SHO....

·
Registered
2020 Subaru Ascent & 2020 Subaru WRX
2,993 Posts
I've got my realistic dream car but I've been more and more interested in building something with my dad. We are both fans of a ton of stuff so it's hard to pick just one car. I think right now I really have an old Beetle on my mind. Easy for my dad, my son, and myself to work on. Relatively cheap. Easy to drive. Budget friendly.

Reactions: qualls

·
Registered
Corolla Hatchback
8,611 Posts
Levin, GoodLine bumper, watanbes. Has to be liftback, could be a Trueno, only Panda if red over black or black over graphite. Not picky at all lol

·
Premium Member
19,497 Posts
I have o irrational desires, all of them are perfectly rational. To me, at least.

I want a silver green S13. There, I said it.

Reactions: iamnotemo

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
I have achieved my realistic dream lineup, so I'm set for now. Instead of looking for what car to buy next I'm now occupied by looking at what cool parts I can get for my Corvette.

1. Soul Red Crystal Miata Club with Recaros and BBS wheels. I won't do it because I have a strict "no 2 seaters" rule:
That sounds like a terrible rule. You should really talk to whoever made that rule and get them to change it.

·
Registered
8,631 Posts
1 - 20 of 246 Posts