VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 1979 car through 3 times to get it to pass.
First time, it was high
Second time, it was really high
third time:
HC limit 3.00, mine was 0.65
CO limit was 2.50, mine was 0.15
Idle 1250
Those numbers were really low. I think the guy may have done it wrong, but I passed and got my paperwork done. My car runs great and starts right up. 1.8L 8v gti motor. Non Cat.

· Registered
1,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: What's your lowest DEQ numbers? (BlindingWhiteGLI)

As far as oregon...any car 1974 or older needs to pass some level of smog test, unless it is registered in a county or city that does not require it.
As far as my 1979...Any engine swap is OK, as long as it passes the smog level set for the specific 1979 vehicle. I could, in theory, swap a turbo 3.2L VR6 with all wheel drive. I would then only have to pass the simple smog levels for the 1979 VW Rabbit.

· Registered
2013 Golf R, 2013 X5 35D, 1997 E320
21,286 Posts
Re: What's your lowest DEQ numbers? (blacked out gti)

Quote, originally posted by blacked out gti »
As far as oregon...any car 1974 or older needs to pass some level of smog test, unless it is registered in a county or city that does not require it.
As far as my 1979...Any engine swap is OK, as long as it passes the smog level set for the specific 1979 vehicle. I could, in theory, swap a turbo 3.2L VR6 with all wheel drive. I would then only have to pass the simple smog levels for the 1979 VW Rabbit.

You have that backwards. 74 and older is smog exempt.

· Registered
90 VW Corrado, 96 BMW 318ti, 03 VW GTI 20th, 21 Jeep Gladiator, 21 Jeep Wrangler
8,057 Posts
Re: What's your lowest DEQ numbers? (skidplate)

my lowest we're low enough to pass in the rado.
working on that right now.
here's what i got:

Modified by G0to60 at 1:13 AM 9-8-2005

· Banned
10,022 Posts
Re: What's your lowest DEQ numbers? (white_r!ce)

Quote, originally posted by white_r!ce »
$25 is in wa.
yay for me

what??
Oh and Lisa, it appears that OR laws are different. I dont need to take my 1980 rocco through emissions. But the other newer cars I have, I do need to have them sniffed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.