VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 86 cabby tornado red in RI. What do think of a Techtonics Exhaust with a dynomax muffler? I need Your Opinoins. and does this sound fair for a price.
8v Techtonics Exhaust with Dynomax Muffler, 3 day air, and installed for $305

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Whats Your opinion on Techtonics? (Cabriolet13)

Techtonics is awesome. Any of their stuff is top notch, especially their exhaust parts. I have installed some of their stuff and have no complaints. The guys there are great for advice also.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Re: Whats Your opinion on Techtonics? (wazzy 1)

quote:[HR][/HR]Techtonics is awesome. [HR][/HR]​
that about sums it up. if you buy from TTyou are buying high quality stuff. i buy all of my stuff from TT you cant go wrong with it
WAZZY 1 i lived in pendleton Or as a kid then i moved to umatilla

[Modified by vwgolfnut28, 9:27 AM 8-4-2002]

·
Registered
238 Posts

TT makes great no-nonsense stuff. But given a choice in exhausts, I'd get Brospeed. These are made very close to the quality of stock exhaust parts. Big bolt flanges, thick tubing, very sano installs. They have a little more backpressure than the TT unit, and are quiter. Normally they are very expensive, but the trick is to find out what model number of Brospeed (Brosal) you need, and then you can order it through Pep Boys for about the same price as the TT exhuast.
James

·
Registered
20,312 Posts
Re: Whats Your opinion on Techtonics? (jjcarr1)

TT has had the A1 exhaust system down for over 15 years. This is a well developed item that makes legit power gains. Can't beat the quality either. TT is one of the few old school tuners still around, and probably the best of the A1 tuners left.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Re: Whats Your opinion on Techtonics? (4Rings)

They're the most real deal, no nonsense, straight up, honest, results oriented folks out there.
FWIW, their distributors tend to sell TT items for about 10% less than TT itself does, in my experience. Not always, but I've found that to true alot of times.
Is Peter of Scirocco fame still floating around here? He was a great guy with great TT pricing....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Re: Whats Your opinion on Techtonics? (Andrew Stauffer)

You are correct. We are a TT dealer and our pricing is approx. about 10% savings. I'd be happy to help you out if you want to get an exhaust.
I may not be Peter, but I had a Scirocco...

I'd like to start dealing with more VW stuff since VW's are what I love!! I made sure we're setup for TT, Autotech, MOMO and all the other fun VW stuff.
And yup, TT is all business!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Re: Whats Your opinion on Techtonics? (alteregovw)

My '93 Cabriolet runs with a TT exhaust to the tip and couldn't have ask for anything better!
Easy instalation... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by purevw2, 8:58 PM 8-17-2002]

·
Banned
1,887 Posts

I've probably installed close to 50 TT exhausts, I've had fitment problems (pipes not fitting together correctly, rear axle clearance issues) on 4 of them. Not too shabby.
GRM recently did a no holds barred exhaust shootout on a Mk2 jetta 8V and found the TT was the best gain and best fitment for the dollar. I couldnt agree more.
I believe Futrell also carries TT at a discount as well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts