VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
  • Mwerks and Fourtitude have rejoined VWVortex. For more info, see this thread.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
7,231 Posts
Re: whats your opinion on the show (VW_RAT_VW)

$30 to show and win a $5 trophy is always a bit ridiculous... I feel that loud music should be banned in the show area and away from it. I also feel that the cost of showing and the cost for spectator should definitely come down.

·
Registered
8,216 Posts
Re: whats your opinion on the show (passat35i)

it was too expensive and everyone there was a dick head

·
Registered
8,102 Posts
Re: whats your opinion on the show (passat35i)

Maybe I'm the only one but I had a good time. Was there with some friends in the club showing, some friends not in the club showing, and friends hanging out in our lil 'club lounge' corner. Only downside was coming in due to cost, lady up front wanted to charge $30 for me and my car and $30 for the passenger. She didn't get that the passenger was a normal spectator ticket but eventually after 4 straight cars saying the same thing she finally got it. Good times are what you make from it. Was it the best show? No. But it was a good time like norm. I think the scene as a whole is... I dunno... Aside from some very cool and clean cars, in general there's too many crazy colored wheels, too many stickers, blue tape crew, and wrapped interiors with some crazy pattern that it's gotten out of hand. EVERYONE goes for RSs which is a hot wheel but not when every car at a show is rocking a set. I think I had a better time looking at the air cooled cars than the water cooled cars.
My personal favorite cars of the show was either the stanced A8 on staggered 20s by the stage or 2 different aircooled cars.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Re: FV-QR (vrsexkitn)

I understand it gets costly to run a show.. paying for tropies, DJ,etc, etc.. however I think the spectator charge was a bit much.
I had a good time regardless. Getting to see cars that arent on vortex is always a plus as well...
lookin forward to waterfest and H20.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
4,344 Posts
Re: FV-QR (joefrompa)

Quote, originally posted by joefrompa »
the kid at the front gate was an idiot
"i want to show"
"do you want to be judged broskie"
"no"
"oh its only 25 then bro"
"i get to park on the show field next to the show cars?"
"sure do bro"

exhibition is not the ****ing show field.

Alright. And your point is? He just wanted to park next to the show.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Re: FV-QR (GreenEggsAndHamDanIam)

Ok maybe it wasnt as bad as I thought. Went to Honda Day yesterday at ATCO. Talk about f'n chaos. Cars were parked in different directions, hardly any good looking clean cars, and some were even mixed in with the drag cars. Basically what you see in the streets is what you got. The people...forget about it. More ignorant fuks then you can imagine. Not to mention the place was sold out. You could barely even walk. I would pay the 20. to get into SNG anyday over paying it for yesterday. I didnt enjoy it one bit and it want b/c it was hondas.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Re: FV-QR (SHaVedGTi)

Quote, originally posted by SHaVedGTi »
Ok maybe it wasnt as bad as I thought. Went to Honda Day yesterday at ATCO. Talk about f'n chaos. Cars were parked in different directions, hardly any good looking clean cars, and some were even mixed in with the drag cars. Basically what you see in the streets is what you got. The people...forget about it. More ignorant fuks then you can imagine. Not to mention the place was sold out. You could barely even walk. I would pay the 20. to get into SNG anyday over paying it for yesterday. I didnt enjoy it one bit and it want b/c it was hondas.

and i bet the music was louder...

·
Registered
600 Posts
last year it was pretty good, i enjoyed it :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,486 Posts
Ive been going for at least 10 years , i enjoy this show... its the first one of the season, the vendor area has some nice little bits for older cars, cooler weather makes for some impressive passes on the 1/4 mile, and the weather is usually pretty decent for a day out.

Could the gate be less $$$ money- sure
could the cars use a little more variety- sure
could the music be a little quieter- sure....

but honestly its a car show and all of this comes w/ the territory... if you want free then go to a local gtg... if you want variety go to the international auto show or dare to do something different ... you want quiet music put on headphone... otherwise go out and enjoy yourselves

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
I love it, I go to both shows (fall and spring) have no complaints, love to buy my mk2 parts.. Not as packed as waterfest.. Good season starter and season ender.. I love vws, can't complain ...

·
Registered
14,204 Posts
nothing else to do on sundays and i get to hangout with friends i dont see often along with seeing vw's , i like the show but it is a little on the expensive side haha

·
Registered
314 Posts
i had a serious problem with the price. not because it was too expensive for myself, but because the official website had different prices. i brought my son and his friend who are 13 and 14. it should not be that expensive for spectators (especially ones who can't even drive).

April 15, 2012
Raceway Park, Englishtown, NJ
Raceway Park Inc.
(732)-446-7800 - Show Info
230 Pension Rd., Englishtown, NJ. 07726
See Event Website for Area Accommodations
Car Show = 80 Classes Best of Awards = 9
All Drag Racing is 1/4 Mile - 4 Racing Classes
Swap Meet - New Parts Vendors
Car Show Surface is Macadam
1st - 2nd - 3rd Place Plaques in each Class
Car Show (Driver & Vehicle Only) - $25.00
Adults - $15.00, Juniors (6 to 11) - $5.00
Children under age 5 - Free
Trophy Race - $25 / Money Race - $40
Street Modified - $40 / Outlaw Quick 8 - $40
Burnout Contest - $25
Cars For Sale - $30.00 (Driver & Vehicle Only)

·
Registered
12,935 Posts
Would be nice to have the cars judged by people who know what they are looking at as well. I dont even know how many times I got the "wtf are you talking about" face from my judge. He was pretty clueless.
I honestly think the problem with the show is German Squad.
Quote, originally posted by Joel Goodson »

this.
I've been around the vw scene in the tristate area for almost 20 years......
About 10 years ago, I don't recall if it was issues within the Central Jersey club, or issues with the promoters/track, or if it was just the progression of things with so many more water cooled cars attending the show...the german squad started judging the show.
and it's all been down hill from there...
Not to mention that the O.G. members of the germansquad who were actually decent guys either left the club due to drama or were asked to leave over the years....
the last few years has seen the return of the Central Jersey judges at least for the aircooled cars..... (If you think the Squad is clueless about watercooled cars, they are brain dead when it comes to aircooled)
In walking around this show I overheard constant foul mouthed people yelling at each other, I saw people smoking weed, obnoxious music blaring from cars all day, as well as the dj booth, public drinking & intoxication, a fight, and other crap.....
this is supposed to be a family environment
This show needs to be Un-Ghetto-fied if it's ever going to see it's original glory....
I'm sure this would hold some weight IF German Squad still had anything what so ever to do with this show.. But, considering they have been officially finished with it since spring show n go last year.

There is a new club doing the show, and they are trying their best to bring it back. People dont realize how much work go into running a show of that size until they have something to do with the show.

·
Registered
832 Posts
I'm sure this would hold some weight IF German Squad still had anything what so ever to do with this show.. But, considering they have been officially finished with it since spring show n go last year.

There is a new club doing the show, and they are trying their best to bring it back. People dont realize how much work go into running a show of that size until they have something to do with the show.
x2:):):thumbup::thumbup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
i read online somewhere that admission was 15 but when i got to the gate and the guy said 20 i was like wtf....and it sucked like usual...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Quote, originally posted by Joel Goodson »

this.
I've been around the vw scene in the tristate area for almost 20 years......
About 10 years ago, I don't recall if it was issues within the Central Jersey club, or issues with the promoters/track, or if it was just the progression of things with so many more water cooled cars attending the show...the german squad started judging the show.
and it's all been down hill from there...
Not to mention that the O.G. members of the germansquad who were actually decent guys either left the club due to drama or were asked to leave over the years....
the last few years has seen the return of the Central Jersey judges at least for the aircooled cars..... (If you think the Squad is clueless about watercooled cars, they are brain dead when it comes to aircooled)
In walking around this show I overheard constant foul mouthed people yelling at each other, I saw people smoking weed, obnoxious music blaring from cars all day, as well as the dj booth, public drinking & intoxication, a fight, and other crap.....
This show needs to be Un-Ghetto-fied if it's ever going to see it's original glory....
especially this! "In walking around this show I overheard constant foul mouthed people yelling at each other, I saw people smoking weed, obnoxious music blaring from cars all day, as well as the dj booth, public drinking & intoxication, a fight, and other crap.....

This show needs to be Un-Ghetto-fied if it's ever going to see it's original glory...."

21 - 40 of 61 Posts