VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
3,698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone do to get psyched up for waterfest? Yeah...it's probably a little bit early but I'm already amped. It'll be my first year and I'm hoping not my last. I've heard some pretty crazy stories, though. Like Doug (reflexbug or something like that...) who built a vrt last year in the last 2 days before wf and swapped it into a guys car so he could cruise down for the show. Personally, I thought that was pretty over the top...then again, what do I know?
Anyways, I'm excited and I was wondering who else is...

·
Registered
9,946 Posts
for me, the last few days before waterfest are always spent trying to make a car even MAKE it to waterfest, much less make it look nice. usually also involves scrounging for tags that aren't TOO far expired to slap on the various uninspectable cars we bring ;-)

·
Registered
9,195 Posts
Re: (mynameisphunk)

Uhhh.. pre-game. Well. usually a lot of talking to people deciding where we are meeting to cruise from since i'm from florida but.... I usually do a lot of maintance and packing.
1. Pack camping gear, tools, and tons of extra parts. Usually a set of axles, full set of tools to do almost anything on the fly, extra radiator hoses, belt, water pump, tenshioner pulley, zip ties, and duct tape.

2. Make sure i'll my forms for WF are there and camping site registration
3. Mount my extra burn out tires on my extra set of rims
4. Find some chum to ride with me to cut my gas costs in half.
5. Do the yearly long arse drive up to waterfest.... 16+ hours.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Re: (CDJetta)

for those that have me on their msn, from 6 months till the friday prior to waterfest, I do a day by day countdown. aside from that, once in a while I look at past WF footage, namely some that we shot in '03

a few days before the event I start packing, get beer, folding chairs, grab my VW and my Canada flags for the ride, charge the camera batteries, radio batteries....
this year will be the first year of me driving my own car so I'll probably give it a good wash 'n wax, check all fluids since it's a 6 hour ride for us.

·
Registered
21,576 Posts
i usually get all my buddies to cruise down to my apartment the night before so they dont oversleep/arrive late in they morning when we are trying to leave and we clean our cars, crush some beers, watch the dub audi DVD, go to the liquor store and stock up. Then i wake them up nice and early and we roll out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts