VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am running on stock BBS WE rims (16in) with Eagle RS-A tires. I am unhappy with the tire and will change brands when they wear out. When they wear out, should I spring and go for a set of Rondell Cross Spoke rims sized at 8x17et35. The Rondells are sized for E46 BMWs. The wheel is at http://www.bekkers.com/details.php3?RondellCrossSpokeforBMW I need to know if the offset is correct or will I have to resort to spacers. If the complete set exceeds the resale value of my BBS (~$1200, 4X$300) The swap is unlikely. Also how much lower will my car sit with stock suspension with 45-series tires on 17in rims? Oh yeah and if anyone has the Rondell rims, please share pics.

·
Registered
27,098 Posts
Re: Wheel advice, Rondells or BBS? (HIDGolf)

The offset is right, but what about the lug pattern? The ET35 offset won't have as much of a lip to it as the picture they show, you realize.

·
Registered
7,873 Posts
Can have new OEM 18x7.5" BBS RC (LP: 5x100, OFF: 35mm) with new OE 225/40 ZR18 Michelin Pilot Sport (same set from the 25th Anniversary Editon GTi) shipped from Germany to your doorstep at the end of February.
All-inclusive price of $2,050.00 to Maryland.
Drop me an e-mail.

·
Registered
3,270 Posts
Re: Wheel advice, Rondells or BBS? (CoolWhiteWolfsburg)

quote:[HR][/HR]Also how much lower will my car sit with stock suspension with 45-series tires on 17in rims?[HR][/HR]​
I don't believe your car will sit any lower with the 17's The overall diameter should stay about the same with 45 series rubber.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.