VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at buying a set of wheels and tires that are for sale locally. They are stock 7-spoke Audi wheels currently on an 06 Audi A6.

The bolt pattern is correct (5x112) but I'm not sure about the offset. Also, he's running 235 / 40 / 18s.

I'm wondering if these will fit my 2010 GTI. I know it's hard to say without knowing the offset, but I figured one of you might know the wheels.

Also, will the stock Audi TPMS sensors in these wheels work for my VW?

Thanks.

SKD

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I'm looking at buying a set of wheels and tires that are for sale locally. They are stock 7-spoke Audi wheels currently on an 06 Audi A6.

The bolt pattern is correct (5x112) but I'm not sure about the offset. Also, he's running 235 / 40 / 18s.

I'm wondering if these will fit my 2010 GTI. I know it's hard to say without knowing the offset, but I figured one of you might know the wheels.

Also, will the stock Audi TPMS sensors in these wheels work for my VW?

Thanks.

SKD
I don't know much about the sensors, however, Audi and VW are both part of VAG so they might work just fine.

as for the fitment, I don't see a problem here, my buddy ran audi wheels for over a year on his mk6 gti. try mounting them, like see if he'll let you just so you can see if they fit :p

ooh and the tire size, is a bit larger than the ones that come on the stock detroits.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
tire size is wrong.. should be 225/40/18 (oem)
i do not believe the audi tpms sensors will swap over, but your sensors could be swapped.
Well, I wouldn't say it's "wrong," but it might rub a little. 225 is the stock size, I get that, but these might work.

I think the Audi TPMS sensors are on a different frequency, so I doubt they'll work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.