VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
messed camber?

I recently finished putting a transmission into my 84 Jetta Gli. After putting it all back together I noticed that the right front wheel stuck out about 1-2 inches away from the car and also was at an angle with the top slanted away from the car (negative or positvie camber I think its called?). I had to take the axles off on both sides when I was replacing the trans, and did not remove them by taking off the big nut that is in the hub of the wheel because I couldn't get it to budge. Instead I removed the struts and brake assembly and pulled the hub off the axle, them just pushed it back on when I put the assembly back together.So basically I have two questions 1.) what is up with my axle? 2.) how do you take the nut off the hub?, I know that in some cars there is a cotter pin, but did not see one, or anything holding it in, what gives?

[Modified by Nickswagen, 6:23 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: messed camber? (eurotrashrabbit)

I don't understand what you mean, there are no cotter pins? I put the wrench on that nut and jumped on it many times and it didn't budge, besides that how do I fix the camber?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: messed camber? (Vdubs)

thanks for the input, I'll try the adjusters on the strut to fix my camber. Where can I get a camber guage?, is it expensive?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.