VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive called numerous places and i cant find out if i can make Brock B1 wheels clear my brake kit, i know i will need spacers, but how much??? Im about to sell this dumb brake kit becuase it is really limiting my wheel choices more than i thought

it is the ECS stage 2.
I want to get the 17x8.5 et 35.
Any help is appreciated and im going to run fender flares so im not to concerned about poke unless someone has some pics http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

sold the SLs so i need something else

·
Registered
10,025 Posts
Re: wheel forum is too slow (elliMX191)

Best way to find out how thick of spacers you'll need is to stack washers in between the wheel and the hub, then bolt them up. Rotate the wheel and see if it clears. If not, add another washer. When it finally clears with a good amount of room, measure the thickness of the washers.
Sounds primitive, but spending $1.49 for washers will be worth the investment. Better than spending over $150 on spacers just to find out that they aren't thick enough.

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: wheel forum is too slow (VertigoGTI)

haha that is what i did to make the superleggras fit. Im planning on buying the B1s i dont actually have them yet, so i was wondering if anyone had them to maybe try out the template ECS offers or soemthing

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (relmonte)

Quote, originally posted by justdizzy914 »
How much you want for the brake kit??????

not gonna sell the kit i was just being frustrated
Quote, originally posted by relmonte »
Did you check with Tuner Shop? I forgot the guy's name but he was very helpful with what size wheels and spacers/adapters would work for me. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

the last time i called tunershop all the guy did was tell me that Brock isnt going to cater to me becuase i have a BBK and all i asked is if they could try the template for me
. So whoever i talked to that time was no help whatsoever.
and the link posted above wont work for me

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Re: (elliMX191)

Quote, originally posted by elliMX191 »

the last time i called tunershop all the guy did was tell me that Brock isnt going to cater to me becuase i have a BBK and all i asked is if they could try the template for me
. So whoever i talked to that time was no help whatsoever.

Buy the wheels and do it yourself

You asking to make a 15 year old German wheel work with recent BBK. And you say I was no help to you? Why don’t you ask the guys sold you the BBK? Oh they don't know? Why? Well they never saw the wheels. I never saw the BBK. Make a template. Why should I make a template? I am a reseller. The BBK Manufacturer does not care; the wheel manufacturer does not care. So I should get in the middle?
So if you want to make something custom … get then wheels, measure them on your car, get he required spacers, pull fender a little if required. Done.
So difficult?

·
Registered
21,522 Posts
Re: (streetsounds)

Quote, originally posted by streetsounds »

Buy the wheels and do it yourself

You asking to make a 15 year old German wheel work with recent BBK. And you say I was no help to you? Why don’t you ask the guys sold you the BBK? Oh they don't know? Why? Well they never saw the wheels. I never saw the BBK. Make a template. Why should I make a template? I am a reseller. The BBK Manufacturer does not care; the wheel manufacturer does not care. So I should get in the middle?
So if you want to make something custom … get then wheels, measure them on your car, get he required spacers, pull fender a little if required. Done.
So difficult?

wow, a little hostile?

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: (streetsounds)

ummm ya. anyways the template is on ECS tuning's website and i can email it to you if you want. its not rocket science. all you will have to do is cut it out on paper. When i called all i wanted was for you to cut the piece of paper out and put it up to the wheel. If you wanna sell the wheels to me then you would do it. GMP has done it for me numerous times when i was looking at RH wheels. Sorry that i called and asked so much of you

but anyways im not getting B1s anymore since i found a set of B4s that i know will work. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Re: (.:1of1500:.)

Quote, originally posted by .:1of1500:. »

wow, a little hostile?

you know., I agree with Steve.
It shouldnt be his responsibility to tell people that have custom set ups if a wheel is going to work. Ive dealt with tunershop before and he was as helpful as can be. I feel bad for the OP, but come on, its not really tunershops fault that they didnt know exactly whats going on with your set up.
Try to call H&R and see if they know if your wheels will clear their coils. 100% sure they will tell you that they dont know, if you catch a nice person, they may tell you to check here. Its ****ty, but about the best they can do for you.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.