VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Re: Wheel Identification help (GoFastChickenwing)

Damn nice looking old school rims.
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]oops, forget to mention the specs. BBS 13x6" with a 13mm offset.[HR][/HR]​
Sounds like they are for a BMW 320i. There should be some other numbers on the wheel, either at the center or inside the rim. That would give a better idea. Look for a number like this: "RAxx.."

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Wheel Identification help (Kevin Rowley)

quote:[HR][/HR]oops, forget to mention the specs. BBS 13x6" with a 13mm offset.
Sounds like they are for a BMW 320i. There should be some other numbers on the wheel, either at the center or inside the rim. That would give a better idea. Look for a number like this: "RAxx.."[HR][/HR]​
Ya, chapel was thinking E21 320I, but I surfed a ton of E21 sights and I'm not really convinced. And now that vdubauman mentioned Opel, it does sound familiar.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts

BMW 320i or late model 2002. Wrong offset for a VW. The wheels from a 84 to 91 318/325 work better on our cars.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts

On the Bmw 320i, There was 2 offsets of rims available. My 320i had 20 spoke rims which came in a 18mm offset, but it did have ones like yours on the 320is model that were in 13mm offset from BBS but they were 5.5 not 6 inch that you said. So the mystery can continue

·
Registered
309 Posts

Looking good! 13 inchers... 4 lug... BBS... my guess would be BMW 2002 or older 3 series

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
Re: Wheel Identification help (Scirocco)

quote:[HR][/HR]On the Bmw 320i, There was 2 offsets of rims available. My 320i had 20 spoke rims which came in a 18mm offset, but it did have ones like yours on the 320is model that were in 13mm offset from BBS but they were 5.5 not 6 inch that you said. So the mystery can continue[HR][/HR]​
Don't forget that BBS sold 6x13 wheels through the aftermarket. The set in question could be one of those. The quickest answer will come from the part number that is cast into the wheel.

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Re: Wheel Identification help (Kevin Rowley)

Don't forget that BBS sold 6x13 wheels through the aftermarket. The set in question could be one of those. The quickest answer will come from the part number that is cast into the wheel.
Sweet, I'll check on that tomorow morning. Will be it be easy to look up the part number??

·
Registered
2,549 Posts

They didn't come stock with an opel GT. Opel had their own sport wheels. I have a '73 GT sitting at my parents' rusting away. Poor thing.

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Sweet, I'll check on that tomorow morning. Will be it be easy to look up the part number??[HR][/HR]​
Probably not, but I have access to a bunch of BMW crazed people who might be able to help.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

I'll be interested to find out, as I have the same wheels. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
What's on your centercaps? Mine doesn't have any.

[Modified by bluerrrabbit, 8:58 AM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
6,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: Wheel Identification help (bluerrrabbit)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'll be interested to find out, as I have the same wheels. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
What's on your centercaps? Mine doesn't have any.

[Modified by bluerrrabbit, 8:58 AM 11-29-2001][HR][/HR]​
My center caps say BBS. Got any pics of yours??

[Modified by GoFastChickenwing, 7:32 AM 11-29-2001]

·
Registered
2,563 Posts

None at the moment, they're currently on my friend's 92 GTI 16v. I'll try and get some in a few days though.
They look exactly like yours though, 13x6 and all.
I had them on my 16v GTI for a few days, I love how light they are compared to the 15" steelies.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts