VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have used search and tried the suspension and wheel and tire fourm but nobodys seems to be able to help here are my questions:

1.) I'm ordering 16x9 and 16x7,5 rims, with the 16x9's in the rear what offset will i need to run to be closest to the car w/o rubbing the coilovers (Wietec TX)??? I have the choice of et15 or et25, I am having my fenders rolled so I'm not overly concerned w/ the rubbing but I still want to be as close to the coils as possible to cut down the chance of rubbing on the fenders??
2.)What offset should I run in the front w/ the 16x7.5's to give it a good staggered look, I want the fronts to have a little less lip than the back but i still want lip, in the front I have the choices of et20 or et35
3.) What is my best choice for tire sizes as well as brands, like what will be a good tire that will stretch the 9's
4.) Please post pics of your ride w/ 9's in the rear and say what suspension you have, also post pics if you have a staggered look w/ different et in the front than the back.
TIA
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

Required Pic (oh yea these are just my dream rims
)

· Registered
12,843 Posts
Re: Wheel Size/ Suspension/ Fender/ Tire ET QUESTIONS???? (Still Lost)

Roll all four fenders, run ET20 on the 7.5" fronts, and run the ET25 rears.

The rears will be very close to the coilovers but should not rub. At worst, you would need a 3mm spacer, but I doubt you would.
As for tires, I would personally run the Toyo T1-S in 195/45-16 front and 215/40-16 rear. This way you get a light stretch on the front as well, to make them match the rear better. The sidewall will be slightly larger in the front, but not a lot. The T1-S is also a great tire for stretching, as it is a strong, well made tire and has a nice rounded profile. It's also the best performing street tire I've ever used personally.

Modified by LostBoyScout at 12:29 PM 1-8-2004

· Registered
2,331 Posts
Re: Wheel Size/ Suspension/ Fender/ Tire ET QUESTIONS???? (Still Lost)

Quote, originally posted by Still Lost, translating it to be straight and to the point »

1.) what offest is recomended when running weitec TX coilovers, for the 16x9 rears (et15 or 25?) and 16x7.5 (et20 or 35)? My fenders are rolled??

Quote, originally posted by Still Lost, translating it to be straight and to the point »

2.)What spacers is everybody running on there setup? I want the back to stoick out a little bit more then the fronts, but what would help this?

3.) What tires should i run on these rims (esp in the rear as they are 16x9 and have to be stretched)

some info on tire stretching

Modified by sicrado at 3:46 PM 1-8-2004

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.