VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Wheelbase? (mk2.slow)

I did a rough measurement of my 4 dr Jetta and my 2 dr gti. The wheelbase seemed to be around 100" for both.
Are they really the exact same wheelbase? Doesn't anyone have the factory specs for this?

·
Registered
3,272 Posts

Isn't it in the Bentley? I'm at work and my Bentley is at home at the moment. Did you try a search on Google or something like that?

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Neither the Bentley nor the Haynes had this info. I just looked in my Jetta owner's manual and found The wheelbase to be 97.3" (2471 mm).
Can someone check their 2dr golf or gti manual for the specs?
Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Checked with a friend who has a GTI manual. The wheelbases are the exact same as the 4 dr jetta! I had no idea! This is totally suprising to me. I guess no one else cares, though. The GTI carpet looks to be a direct fit in my Jetta. I hope the disc e-brake cables are the right length, too. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts

Well, if they are the same wheelbase (which I expected, I just didn't know the number) and the e-brake handle is in the same location (it is) than the brake cable should be just fine. The only thing that might be different (and I don't know for sure) is if you are trying to use a cable for discs on a rear-drum system.

·
Registered
1,868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Wheelbase? (CrazyMonkey)

I'm swapping the whole rear axle from a 16v w/ discs to my Jetta. I have a GTI parts car, so I think that I'll be able to make it work.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts

Yeppers! Have fun. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 9 of 9 Posts