VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
17,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

You might have seen this if you watched SPEED this past weekend. During the first 20 minutes of the 12 Hours of Sebring, Dindo Capello made contact with one of the Flying Lizard Porsche 911s. The rear left of his R10 clipped the front of the 911, sending it spinning across the grass and into the tire barriers.
Shooting the race, I just happened to be along the sliding route. I saw the collision in my viewfinder and snapped off a two pictures before realizing I was probably not far from the Porsche's trajectory and dropped the camera from my face just in time to get an eye full of dust as it slid by and into the tires.
As you can see in the second shot, the R10 wasn't all that damaged.

After hitting the tire barrier, the 911 was a little worse for wear.

More Sebring Photos

· Registered
1,191 Posts
Re: (Shawn M.)

The sad thing is that I've seen old 1980's stock road going Ford T-birds be driven away easier than that Porsche with more damage-including some that have been rolled over! And one of those same T-birds probably would've had less damage in the same impact.

· Registered
17,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (Shawn M.)

Quote, originally posted by Shawn M. »
thanks, I have loads of great ones. I'll link to my gallery tonight after I finish editing. That ones untouched. Were you there shooting or did you buy images from a photog'?

I used photos from Audi Sport (about 10 in the race section) and was also there shooting myself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.