VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mine are sitting in the shed and need a good cleaning, but I'm eager to get them back on. I was thinking a week or two and I'll get them on. It's not going to snow anymore, right?
Quote, originally posted by 4thTry »
i think the better question is.......
If you have summer wheels.....what are they (post pics) and when are you putting them on??

Modified by borline at 9:51 AM 3-20-2008

· Registered
3,218 Posts
Re: When are you putting your summer wheels back on? (BiH)

i dont care enough to take off the wheels and hide them from the elements. even if i had a set of really nice and expensive wheels i would not care one god damn bit.

· Registered
12,679 Posts
Re: When are you putting your summer wheels back on? (borline)

What exactly are Summer Wheels? Wheels that are too big and fragile for use when the weather isn't perfect?
I have a set of nice OE tear-drops on my car that do just fine all year round - the only time that tear-drops suck is on the track and anytime you look at them because they're fugly...

· Registered
1,708 Posts
Re: (level_10)

Quote, originally posted by level_10 »
as soon as I install my coilovers

what they said....

· Registered
3,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Re: (VOLKSATAN)

Quote, originally posted by VOLKSATAN »
People that say "what are winter wheels" either don't have a set of 2000+ wheels, aren't that low, or have a second car they can drive the few days it does get bad around this area. Or...they like to waste their money.
-Dave

Thank you, Dave.
Your winter wheels are the set you don't care about as much as the other(s). Conditions for wheels are worse in the winter, what with the salt on the roads and all. Also, they typically have winter tires mounted on them to make the swap from summer to winter easier, and vice versa.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.