VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Re: When did u replace your tires? (slofizz)

Dunno...got 17" tires/rims at 11k miles and sold the OEM Adelaides and Michelins.

However, I've heard that some people have gotten as much as 50k or 60k miles...

·
Registered
188 Posts

I've had a couple of blow outs, so the OEM Michelins were replaced at 8K and 17K. However, the remaining two will be replaced after this winter. I haven't given much thought to upgrading them, but I have not had any problems with these tires (both blow outs were due to road debris puncturing the tire). To me, they are very predicatable and offer a nice ride. My car only has 25K miles (after 3-1/2 years), so I don't get the most life out of my tires (I like hard cornering). But I've had this problem with every tire I've used including Goodyear Eagles and BFGoodrich Touring TA's, so it's just me.

·
Registered
429 Posts

I replace the stock Continentals at 17K, and upgraded to Dunlop SP8000s. Getting rid the stock tires was the best improvement I ever made by far. Now I'm running Bridgestone Potenza 950REs at 27K. I replaced the Dunlops with the Pontenza since it'll be winter soon and the Dunlops are summer tires. The 950RE is a great all weather performance tire for anyone out there who is looking.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Re: When did u replace your tires? (RJC)

Is this a "How long will the OEM tires last?" question? I am probably the only VWVortexer who upgraded to 16 inch wheels fresh off the dealer's showroom floor and then put on the same Michelin OEM tires only in a larger size. They lasted just under 30K miles.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.