VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how? thank you
particularly what kind of movement do the brackets need to undergo? and if anyone knows what kind of weight limit there is afterwards, if any, that would be great too. thanks
i also heard theres a brake compensator modification that needs to be done in order for that to continue working...any suggestions or info would be greatly appreciated.
pics for viewing

· Registered
1,997 Posts
Re: when flipping the rear axle on a caddy... (waskleywabbit)

Make it easier on yourself and just buy a set of lowering plates from VWJerm here on vortex. They give you a 2.5 inch drop and you keep the stock weight limits and stock rear shocks. Think they are around $75 and he has them ready to ship.

· Banned
9,194 Posts
Re: when flipping the rear axle on a caddy... (MtDew)

Quote, originally posted by MtDew »
Make it easier on yourself and just buy a set of lowering plates from VWJerm here on vortex. They give you a 2.5 inch drop and you keep the stock weight limits and stock rear shocks. Think they are around $75 and he has them ready to ship.

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,373 Posts

x3

· Registered
492 Posts
Re: when flipping the rear axle on a caddy... (02 GTI)

you shouldn't have to flip the axle it should already be on top of the springs just use blocks as stated above. or you can get plates that bolt between the stub axle and axle beam. the euro caddy's where the only ones with the axle under the springs i thought. but i could be wrong. my 81 caddy and my caddy parts truck have them above the springs. if you need more research try vwcaddy.com

· Registered
240 Posts
hey guys its waskleywabbit. sorry i havent been online to respond to your posts but my internet service got cut for a while. thanks for all the info and kind words...i'll be sure to talk to VWJerm about that. and yes im buying erics truck...i'll be sure to post some of my own pictures when i get it home tomorrow evening.

· Registered
2,597 Posts

http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.