VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

When Golf VIII come to Canada ?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  eodtech1* 
#1 ·
Hi All, any idea when the new Golf 8 will launch in Canada ? or is the MY2011 will continue with Golf 7.5 for now as we get source from Mexico ?

Thank You for any insight.

#5 ·
I'm an American, and I want the base Golf 8. But when Scott Keogh said no to it, Volkswagen AG decided that, due to the pandemic-exacerbated recession, there was no point sending it to Canada either. I've been petitioning Volkswagen of America to offer it, with no luck so far. Now that Canada isn't getting it, Golf lovers on both sides of the 49th parallel need to double down and demand its inclusion in the lineups of both countries. Go to my blog "Bring The Base Eighth-Generation VW Golf To North America!" at this link and join the fight! :mad:

#7 ·
I currently own a 2018 Golf Sportwagen 4MOTION, 6-sp manual, bought new in Jan. 2018. Love the car, but now I hate VW. The Chaos...er Taos, is by no means a suitable replacement for the Golf, either base or wagon. If I wanted yet another me-too SUV, I'd rather shop Toyota... likely more reliable and durable too. I dislike SUVs with a passion. My wife also drives a Mk VII Sportwagen, a 2017 Trendlne FWD with 5-sp manual; both our wagons are silk blue. And I drove a Mk VII Golf hatch before my wagon.

Last time I spoke to my sales dude he was pretty beat-up about VW's decision. I made it known in uncertain terms that VW no longer offers ANY product that interests me, and there's no way I'll set foot in a VW showroom again unless the Mk VIII basic Golf and/or Sportwagen return. And judging by the number of Golf hatches and especially wagons that I see here in Québec's Eastern Townships, VW sales are going to tank here with this decision.

I'm thinking the next car pair for my wife and I will be a RAV4 Prime (we get hefty subsidies), and a Corolla hatch (manual of course) or SE (manual!).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.