VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
479 Posts
Re: When I go slow in my car, it makes a noise, friends say its the Heatshield or w ... (Mack 86 Vw)

if it's like a little bit of rattling noise..it probably is your heatsheild, mine did that, I think you just have to tighten some bolts...but not sure
bump to help you out!

· Registered
2,367 Posts
Re: When I go slow in my car, it makes a noise, friends say its ... (DubberFromCT)

If it's the heat shield, it will not just go away...
If it's like the one on my 2.0 (cracked on one side) You can do two things: 1. Get another one 2. Take it off... If you do one of those thing, it will go away... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
156 Posts
Re: When I go slow in my car, it makes a noise, friends say its ... (GTI8Vmn)

i had mine welded for 10 bucks at my local repair shop, just thought you might like to hear about it. maybe you can get the same at yours. on my upper heat sheild i just used a few large washers bought at the hardware store to fill the large gap where the smaller sized nut had wiggled through and made the hole too big for it to stay in place..
the heat sheild is there to dissapate heat, without it eventually certain plastic and rubber parts in your engine compartment will cook, prematurely aging them causing them burst or crack. thats why theres a hose leading from the MAF to the upper heat sheild. it also keeps the excess heat from transferring to the other engine components and passenger compartment (which could **** up your heater and dash components, expensive stereo equip, etc) FYI
BTW never go to the dealership unless you like being forcefully entered by large men. they will screw you hard and then leave you wondering WTF happened

examp catalytic converter:
pignitaro dealership $700 without labor

my local shop $215 with labor
i would choose this one

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.