VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Re: When is the Focus Mk2 coming to the US? (DjPtsatsot)

Ford North America has been quoted several times as stating that the MK II Focus is too costly to bring to the US. We just got the refreshed Focus in '05 so we won't see a redesign until 2009 at the earliest. IF you want the MK II platform get a Mazda 3 or the Volvo S40/V50...or...move to Europe.

·
Registered
11,026 Posts

I always have to ask, why do people care so much about the Mk2? Comparitive to its competition, nobody's buying the Mk1 Focus as it is, and haven't been for several years.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Re: When is the Focus Mk2 coming to the US? (xdre)

Quote, originally posted by xdre »
Comparitive to its competition, nobody's buying the Mk1 Focus as it is, and haven't been for several years.

Ah what?
I see new ones (not rentals) all over the place so obviously they ARE buying them...the price is right of course and the handling is first rate!
I have heard that the MKII Focus is due here in 08. Bill Ford knows this must happen...

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Re: When is the Focus Mk2 coming to the US? (racercx2)

Quote, originally posted by racercx2 »
Ah what?

Strange as it may seem, your favorite whipping-boy the Cobalt is outselling the Focus fairly handily.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

Strange as it may seem, your favorite whipping-boy the Cobalt is outselling the Focus fairly handily.

Well considering the Focus 1 is over 5 years old I would hope so but at least down here new Foucs out sell new Cobalt several to one from what I see on the local dealer lots ......Of course this is from speaking to friends at a number of Ford and Chevy stores... It may be different elsewhere in the country...

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
Re: When is the Focus Mk2 coming to the US? (racercx2)

Quote, originally posted by racercx2 »
Well considering the Focus 1 is over 5 years old I would hope so

And what about when the ancient Cavalier was outselling the Focus as well?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts

Well they were just about giving them away though right?
And of course the Cavalier was the rental staple...kinda like wonder bread, and peanut butter n jelly....
Sure it is great if you're fond of playing with Fisher Price toys

Honestly if it is simply a matter of pure volume there is no question the Cav was a best seller of course I wouldn't deny that ...

Modified by racercx2 at 10:09 PM 4-22-2006

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

I don't really care for Focus's all together, I just recomended for a friend to wait out on the purchase of an original one till the next MkII would arive since i thought that was around the corner. I also am getting tired of seeing the eye-sore that is the Focus MkI especially the Zx3...

·
Registered
8,846 Posts

I'd like to get the ST version over here http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
1,837 Posts

So? I hope you're playing devils advocate cause you think it's fun over the internet, rather than implying that the cav is better cause it sold more.

·
Registered
7,321 Posts

Quote, originally posted by DjPtsatsot »
I don't really care for Focus's all together, I just recomended for a friend to wait out on the purchase of an original one till the next MkII would arive since i thought that was around the corner. I also am getting tired of seeing the eye-sore that is the Focus MkI especially the Zx3...

The US Mk I Focus is getting another facelift next year, They´re putting the new corporate grill (like on the Edge, Fusion) on it.
Don´t think the US will ever get the Mk. II.

·
Registered
12,111 Posts

Wasn't that because they were dumped into fleets (at a loss) to keep CAFE ratings up?

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.