VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
LOL... Sobie- what's up, dude? It's Brian with the grey GLI.
Now that that's out of the way, WTF are you talking about?

Are you saying water is leaking into the car while the hatch is closed- dripping in from somewhere along the roof?

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
You have a moonroof, don't you? Bet the drains are clogged or corroded. Both of my rear drains have had to be repaired already. The leak resulted in water running down the C-pillar trim and, in heavy rains (or when washing the car), onto the seat backs.

·
Registered
42,789 Posts
It's not that awful. It'll require the removal of the B and C pillar trims to lower the headliner enough to get to the drains. The unfortunate part of a two-door car is that you may almost have to drop the headliner completely since there isn't a second set of doors you can open to get at the drains.
In my GLI, I was able to drop the liner enough by removing the B and C trims and then work on the drains from the rear doors.
You can check at Gossett, but I'm assuming they're going to try to charge many, many hours for it. I suggest Wolfsburg, instead, if you intend to have someone else do it- just make sure you tell Pat that Brian sent the sunroof drain repair just for him.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.