VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Is the alt. in stock location, or mounted where the ac compressor was? If it's in the stock location, use a pully from any mk2 golf/jetta 8v, or fox. If you put is where the ac compressor was, use the stock pully.
Corey

·
Registered
8,042 Posts
Re: When Relocating Alt. for no ac...what new pulleys are needed (Shawn O)

Quote, originally posted by Shawn O »
Use the proper bracket and you'll have no problems....

You know what really sucks, an 8v bracket is excatly the same as the non A/C 16v bracket.

·
Registered
8,042 Posts

Use the proper bracket and you'll have no problems....

Why are you not using the stock hydro front mount, that diesel/early 8v bracket causes too much engine movement and will eventually crack the ehuast manifold. It doesn't matter how stiff the insert is either because as long as there is a pivot point the engine will move.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Re: When Relocating Alt. for no ac...what new pulleys are needed (130_R)

That alternator bracket is completely different than any 8v one. I've been running that bracket in my GTI for 9 years and never had any problems. It's a stock early front mount with no extra intersts or anything....

·
Registered
8,042 Posts

I've been running that bracket in my GTI for 9 years and never had any problems. It's a stock early front mount with no extra intersts or anything....

How many years was a 16v in there, and how many exhuast manifolds have you cracked? Been there done that, I can tell you haven't yet.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.