VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering how body shops shave the trunk lid crease that runs horizontally across on the Jetta IVs..
is it a welding job?
or do they just fill it (drill holes, high grade body filler, etc.)?
just wanted to know... here's an example of the trunk crease shaved... **not my car**

Modified by rider1deep at 8:43 AM 3-14-2006

Modified by rider1deep at 8:45 AM 3-14-2006

· Registered
13,345 Posts
Re: When they shave the rear it's sexy... question (rider1deep)

Quote, originally posted by rider1deep »
gracias... but i was wondering about the crease that runs horizontally across the trunklid

That could either be a sheetmetel job or maybe just some really good bondoing. Personally I think that lip is the sex and I wouldn't touch it.

· Registered
7,726 Posts
Re: When they shave the rear it's sexy... question (dremhmrk2)

he's talking about the crease line thats shaved in that pic, it tuns along with the lines of the platye recess and the top of the second block the of the tailights, not the lip "spoiler" in the trunk

· Registered
13,345 Posts
Re: When they shave the rear it's sexy... question (Kei78)

Quote, originally posted by Kei78 »
heres mine shaved...

that is one fatass dub, hotness

· Registered
10,371 Posts
Re: (rider1deep)

Quote, originally posted by rider1deep »
very nice... but anyone know for sure how they shave the crease?

here is how i would want it done....grind it down...or cut it out...then weld in new metal....that lip is too thick for filler....granted you can have it that thick....but it will crack and look like ass...do it right the first time... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

· Registered
1,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
rabbitVR28... yes, wise words to follow... http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif
toooofast... i was just thinking about grinding it... if you look at it from the side, it looks like the upper part sticks out
onepoint... wtf? thanks for trying to get my thread locked... please edit your ****... at least type pwned rather than posting the dumb pic

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.