VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Based on what I have read so far, VW plans to scrap most of the cars they are buying back.
These cares have many parts that some of us want ( wheels, tires , leather interiors etc...)
and some parts that we need. I was in a fender bender yesterday and a rear door was damaged. Instead of having a body shop fix it, I would love to pick up an OEM painted door and just swap it ( hoping the color would still match well since these cars are only made in the same factory....)

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I don't believe VW is going to scrap "most" of the cars. There's already a fix for the 2015s, and other fixes will follow.

The potential lack of TDI parts is way down the list of concerns, so far down, in fact, I don't believe it's a concern at all. My opinion, of course.

The reason I, and others, have bailed on VW TDIs is the strong probability that the CR TDIs will NEED so many repairs/parts! The inconvenience of failures, even if covered under VW's planned extended warrantees, just isn't worth it, again, in my opinion. I just grew tired of the constant nagging concern for the various fragile systems on the cars.

·
Registered
646 Posts
<snip>

The reason I, and others, have bailed on VW TDIs is the strong probability that the CR TDIs will NEED so many repairs/parts! The inconvenience of failures, even if covered under VW's planned extended warrantees, just isn't worth it, again, in my opinion. I just grew tired of the constant nagging concern for the various fragile systems on the cars.
^^^^^^^

This. What "tdiatlast" said. VW has stated that they're out of the US TDI market, and I can't see any future in it. While we're driving one legacy car and doing OK so far (an '04 SAAB 9-5), I don't care to be driving another such vehicle and wondering about parts and the half-dozen pricey repairs that these seem to be prone to.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.