VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
7,287 Posts
i believe cars are meant to be driven, and they aren't fun any other way. but i would only drive a very expensive car year-round if i had enough money to fix anythin that breaks from wear and tear. if i spent my last penny on a 911 i'm going to be driving a yugo a whole lot.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (DohRado)

OK, where the HELL did you get that pic from? If i had a CLK-GTR id drive it. I wouldnt take it OUT in the rain, but if you get caught in a rainstorm what can you do, right?

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (2lowA4)

yeah thats pretty much what i would do. I'd dry it once it got back in the garage.

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (alphaDUB)

quote:[HR][/HR]yeah thats pretty much what i would do. I'd dry it once it got back in the garage[HR][/HR]​
If I could afford my dream car, I'd have the servants dry it.

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (GeoffD)

Well, I would drive in the rain no problem, but not in the winter (salt kills, remember that kids). Or in the mud!

·
Registered
9,035 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (some9one)

Well, recently I've been dreaming of building a Corbra Roadster Kit Car with no plans of getting a top for it... So driving in Inclimate weather just isn't going to be a option.

·
Registered
24,098 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (some9one)

quote:[HR][/HR]would you garage and pamper your baby or would you go off-road with your exotic?
[HR][/HR]​
If we're strictly talking about exotics.. there are very few (probably none) that I'd want to drive in the rain or snow. I know the new Lambo's AWD.. but.. I really don't think it was designed to handle snow (and yes, I live in TX and no, I haven't ever driven in snow...
). Now if we're talking about dream cars here..

Hell yes I'd drive that car in the rain, snow, whatever.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Cars are meant to be driven. I can understand not driving a Barchetta-like car, say a RenaultSport Spider in the rain - with no top it would be pretty uncomfortable.
But I remember seeing four guys convoying three Rolls-Royce 20/25's in a horrible Ohio rainstorm once, and watching them do their best to keep these ancient machines in line (the 20/25 is from the 1920's). Cars are meant to be driven.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (Taimar2)

Wow, did you take that pic of the CLK-GTR? I've never seen pics of one on the street. Hell yeah i'd drive an exotic in the rain, but not the snow... It's alot of fun testing the limits of a car in bad weather traction. Thats what seperates good and OK drivers.

·
Registered
24,098 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (Chris V)

quote:[HR][/HR]Te MB CLK pic is from here:
http://www.nsxflorida.com/2002festival_of_exotic_cars.htm
and more pics are here:
http://www.europagallery.net/fec/images/fec3gallery/index.html
Check out the other cars that showed up in the rain...
[HR][/HR]​
Alright.. I'm not an expert on exotics.. so correct me if I'm wrong. I see two F40's
, a Prowler, and.. I'm not sure what that silver car on the left is.. I'm guessing another Ferarri.. 330 spyder?

·
Registered
38,608 Posts

you kiddin me? the BEST drives i've had in the Porsches have been in rain, snow, through mud, down gravel roads.
not driving a car in the rain is an excuse only for cars that leak water, or are supposed to be in a museum.
if you can't afford to clean/detail it... then you just simply can't afford it.
with the crap Pirellis on the 944, i can feel the car floating its way to the destination. every corner is drifter time! spin the tires at every intersection. heck, i'd do 360s if i knew i would not get a ticket for it

obin

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (Obin Robinson)

quote:[HR][/HR]not driving a car in the rain is an excuse only for cars that leak water...[HR][/HR]​
That's pretty much the only reason I dont drive my 510 in the rain. Water leaks into the trunk...

·
Banned
9,779 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (Obin Robinson)

quote:[HR][/HR]
if you can't afford to clean/detail it... then you just simply can't afford it.
with the crap Pirellis on the 944, i can feel the car floating its way to the destination. every corner is drifter time! spin the tires at every intersection. [HR][/HR]​
And here I am driving my F40 in the rain, and here comes Obin, drifting around the corner in limited visibility and takes out the front clip, cause it's to wet to stop in time on the crap Pirellis. Carbon fiber front clip. Now I have to spend time getting out in the rain and explaining to Obin the concepts of indentured servitude, because his insurance won't cover it.

No, not worth driving in crappy weather. I can clean the car, but I'd HATE to stand in the rain trying to explain to someone that damage they did to the car costs more than their house.

·
Banned
9,779 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (cougar)

quote:[HR][/HR]
Alright.. I'm not an expert on exotics.. so correct me if I'm wrong. I see two F40's
, a Prowler, and.. I'm not sure what that silver car on the left is.. I'm guessing another Ferarri.. 330 spyder?[HR][/HR]​
Did you check out the other pics? Ferrari F40s, Diablos, a Murceilago, some Ferrari 308s, a Ferrari Daytona, half a bazillion NSXs and Prowlers, a Pantera, a Ferrari 512BB, A Jag XJ220, and more...

·
Registered
809 Posts

Seeing as this is my dream car, yes, I would mind driving it in the rain.

·
Registered
16,949 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (garbage)

quote:[HR][/HR]Seeing as this is my dream car, yes, I would mind driving it in the rain.

[HR][/HR]​
Eh, put a bigger windshield on, and maintain a decent clip, and you won't get wet. I mean the design is British afterall, and if you couldn't drive in rain in Britain, you would only drive two days a year!
(BTW thats one of my dream cars too, nice choice!)

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Re: When you finally get your dream car, will you mind driving it in the rain? (Batan)

quote:[HR][/HR]Is that Catherham(sp?)?[HR][/HR]​
Yep - you can tell by the 7 in the radiator opening

As gtivr4 said, if you don't drive in the rain in the UK, you don't get to drive that often - especially on public holidays or anywhere near Manchester!

1 - 20 of 55 Posts