VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Read Only
7 Posts
Been out of the MKIII scene for quite a few years now, but am thinking about getting back in with a Jetta. I have looked on marketplace and craigslist a couple times just to see what's out there (Phoenix, San Diego, Palm Springs areas), and there doesn't seem to be any for sale. Is this the thing now with these cars? I'm not in a rush to buy something as it would be a project. Are the MK6 the new MKIII?
Been out of the MKIII scene for quite a few years now, but am thinking about getting back in with a Jetta. I have looked on marketplace and craigslist a couple times just to see what's out there (Phoenix, San Diego, Palm Springs areas), and there doesn't seem to be any for sale. Is this the thing now with these cars? I'm not in a rush to buy something as it would be a project. Are the MK6 the new MKIII?
I've got a 1999 MkIII for sale if interested:
(In Winston Salem NC - may be out of range for what you're after?)

·
Registered
1996 Jetta GLS, Sun roof, manual
6 Posts
I have a 1996 for sale. GLS, Sunroof, manual. See my ad. Make an offer

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m actually curious to see what value is. I see nothing to base off of. I own a 1996 Jetta Vr6, only 32k miles currently overseas. Only thing it needs is an abs pump as the light goes on and off when I ride it through windy roads. Just debated if it’s worth shipping back to the US where shipping would cost me 2k.
thoughts?

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
It's really an enthusiast market. The VR6 cars certainly hold their value better, but a clean, well sorted car with no rust will command more $$ in any configuration. You really need to search across the country to get an idea on value in the US. You may also be able to save some cost on shipping it if you aren't in a hurry. I'm not sure where overseas the car is, but there are importers that put together periodic shipments so if you can wait for one of those it will help dispurse the cost. Orchid Euro, for example, usually does a few shipments per year when they have enough to fill a couple of containers. They usually ship from the UK and are based in PA.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1996 Jetta GLS, Sun roof, manual
6 Posts
It's really an enthusiast market. The VR6 cars certainly hold their value better, but a clean, well sorted car with no rust will command more $$ in any configuration. You really need to search across the country to get an idea on value in the US. You may also be able to save some cost on shipping it if you aren't in a hurry. I'm not sure where overseas the car is, but there are importers that put together periodic shipments so if you can wait for one of those it will help dispurse the cost. Orchid Euro, for example, usually does a few shipments per year when they have enough to fill a couple of containers. They usually ship from the UK and are based in PA.

Its clean, no rust all original. All that doesn't work is the sunroof. $4000?

·
Registered
14 Posts

That’s a thought, though this car is located in Greece right now. Something like that would work as long as it made sense.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
I got this one for sale. 1997 VW Golf Jazz, 208k miles. Bone stock. No rust. Black leather, manual car.
View attachment 100437 View attachment 100438 View attachment 100439 View attachment 100440 View attachment 100441 View attachment 100442
I got this one for sale. 1997 VW Golf Jazz, 208k miles. Bone stock. No rust. Black leather, manual car.
View attachment 100437 View attachment 100438 View attachment 100439 View attachment 100440 View attachment 100441 View attachment 100442
Is the dash cracked or is that photographic strangeness? Where are you located?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts