VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to jump start a friend's car today and the two of us could not find the "+" and "-" terminals to connect the jumper cables to. I found the battery, under a plate fastened with about 12 allen bolts (so they can't be under there).

Please tell me where they are.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I tried to jump start a friend's car today and the two of us could not find the "+" and "-" terminals to connect the jumper cables to. I found the battery, under a plate fastened with about 12 allen bolts (so they can't be under there).

In the engine bay, there is a ground post and a positive terminal covered. I do not have pictures off hand but if you search you will find.

·
Registered
405 Posts

You may want to use the search thread. These guys are gonna tear you a new one.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
Also, you can check the owners manual for stuff like that if you have one. I was looking at mine today and was surprised how much useful info was actually in it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I couldn't find it the owner's manual. The manual also gave me the wrong location for the battery.

DarkNeo - like that air filter.

I've had my car 4 days so far. I like it quite a bit.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
You may want to use the search thread. These guys are gonna tear you a new one.
right in front of the driver's side windshield is a little black cap with a "+" on it...just lift it up
Also, you can check the owners manual for stuff like that if you have one. I was looking at mine today and was surprised how much useful info was actually in it.
Or here's a another great idea, CALL A DEALERSHIP...or how about opening your eyes, that works too...:eek:

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
Thanks guys, really appreciate it. I couldn't find it the owner's manual. The manual also gave me the wrong location for the battery.

DarkNeo - like that air filter.

I've had my car 4 days so far. I like it quite a bit.
Not my car ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts