VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

where can I buy a black (preferably suede) shift boot with red stiching?

522 views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  nicholasp 
#1 ·
??? Just what the title says.

#6 ·
Re: where can I buy a black (volksportguy72)

quote:[HR][/HR]Here's what I did: I checked around at some upholstery places. I took the shift boot and the e-brake boot with me and asked if they could make them with red stitching. I got to choose the material and color of stitching. Total cost: $40[HR][/HR]​
That's a good idea. You can also check with Alan Gunn leather,they usually have a small ad in the back of european car mag. Don't know if they have a website,my friend has a shift boot/e brake boot from them that looks great.

#8 ·
Re: where can I buy a black (preferably suede) shift boot with red stiching? (estus)

I've looked into this as well, and am going to take the make-it-myself route over winter break, Tandy Leather in Charlotte, NC is the material source for me. Blue stitching instead of red though.

#10 ·
Re: where can I buy a black (preferably suede) shift boot with red stiching? (estus)

grey would probably look pretty good, but there are many many shades of grey, so getting an exact match might be difficult. as far as being different goes, the other shift-boot option I was thinking about was cordura or some other heavy-gauge nylon. or if you're set on leather go all out and do the baseball-glove stitching like in the TT with colored leather cording - that would be different and very visible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.