VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a small rust problem around my fuel door, I figured I'd replace it with something nicer if there was already going to be welding involved. Anyone know who sells these (or something similar), I can't seem to find them.
Thanks

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: (strada1972)

I could be interested in that... though I think I need the weld-in sheet metal piece based on how bad the rust is. I'd like to cut it all out and not have to fabricate anything.

· Registered
150 Posts
Dubble Trubble has one listed in the mklll classifieds for $150. sez he bought it from AMI. you can ask him if he still has it, he hails from Philly area PA. don't know how to set up a link, sorry, its like 5 pages deep? good luck Y'all

Modified by Mcguilla_Guerilla at 3:00 AM 3-19-2008

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: (silvervr6dub)

wow, that's terrible. I don't think a $150 parts is worth getting arrested for, let alone damaging a gorgeous car.
Anyone else have a line on one of these things? Who sells them new?

· Registered
18,473 Posts
Re: (GTi'd)

These are street prices for new Audi parts.
The gas door is $300 8N0809905C
Hex bolts $3 ea. 8N0809370B
I sold my used one a few years back.

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: (Eric D)

Quote, originally posted by Eric D »
These are street prices for new Audi parts.
The gas door is $300 8N0809905C
Hex bolts $3 ea. 8N0809370B
I sold my used one a few years back.

Yeah, I really just need the TT style one with the weld-in plate. There seems to be a few of the actual stock TT fuel doors. I need the plate due to some bad rust around the fuel cap behind the door.

· Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Re: (A4robm)

Yeah, we have some good junkyards around here, but they aren't that good. And even still, I need a flat weld-in plate to go with it. I don't know if my welding and body work skills will allow me to work with a curved fender from a TT.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.