VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anybody know where i can buy this piece at? for both doors, mine is al peeling on the drivers side and i woud like to replace it. not just what the arrow is pointing to but the whole piece, i saw some carbon fiber ones on the classified but i would rather just have black.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: where can i buy these (nirav)

i checked there, i didn't see any. thanks for the link though.
anybody else know where i can get them?

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Re: where can i buy these (antadote1)

I got mine from Impex. You just need to know the part #'s:

3B1-867-171-E-A94 big piece around window switches
1J0-867-172-A-A94 Passenger side outer piece x2 (for both right pass doors)
1J0-867-171-A-A94 Drivers side outer piece(for the rear)
3B0-867-175-A94 small piece for window switch plate
1J4-867-179-A-A94 drivers side rear inner piece
1J0-867-180-A-A94 passenger side inner piece x2 (for both
right pass doors)

Modified by sntx at 3:49 PM 5-23-2004

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: where can i buy these (sntx)

thanks a lot for the part #'s
i figured that would help but i had no idea what they were or where to get them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: where can i buy these (Mikedav)

well the closest VW dealer is like 2 hours from me, so i figured it would be easier to just see if i could find them on the net as that would be a lot easier

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

Quote, originally posted by Mikedav »
Question guys:
Do stealerships in the US not have parts departments?

I'd rather pay for parts to be shipped from another dealer than spend any money at the dealership near me.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts

I was just asking because people ask all the time where to get stock parts - and everyone posts third party firms who must be making extra profit on top, despite the obvious answer being the people that makes the cars.
I get my bits shipped from a dealer in Edinburgh (400 miles away) because he does a good discount, never thought of there being an aftermarket supplier of such bits

·
Registered
5,483 Posts

You have a good point. I think some people like buying things online. Everyone loves to get packages in the mail.

·
Registered
179 Posts

are there different part numbers if i wanted gray instead of black. i used the part number for the part i needed, but it only gives me the option of getting the piece in black. i need the rear drivers side door grip cover. thanks.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Re: where can i buy these (antadote1)

I know you are going to post some pics once you put the replace the pieces in your car, so that we know how it looks.

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
Re: where can i buy these (LisaLisaSM)

The last three characters in the above part numbers is the color code. I don't know what the code for gray is. You might be able to omit the color code in your search to get more choices. Maybe someone else could chime in here...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

yeah if you take the last three characters off the code it brings up 7 results but the only one they show a pic of is the black one. i don't like the way their site is set up, to cluttered up i think.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Re: where can i buy these (NECpilgrims8)

i don't know personally if its covered under warranty. i got my car used and they were peeling when i got it, doesn't really bother, I'll get some new ones when i have some extra money.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts