VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone tell me where I can buy this cd player other than the dealer and prices would help also. If anyone has this for sale I will buy it from them also just let me know. Thanks,

·
Registered
21,576 Posts
ill check and see if my old headunit was a CD player or not, i dont even remember. If it was its yours, but i have a feeling its not.
Where is jewett city ? ive never heard of it but im local to you.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I have a factory Bose CD player head unit laying on my closet floor...
It looks CLOSE to that, but not exactly... I could take a picture of it if you're interested.
I don't have the unlock code for it, but I could easily get it if you'd be interested in buying it...

·
Registered
25,009 Posts
Re: Where Can I Buy This CD Player?? (VRBTCHCAR)

if i didn't have 6 disc, would want to have that. I wonder which cars came with it, or if it was an option. It would figure that it was never on NA spec cars...

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Re: Where Can I Buy This CD Player?? (WolfsburgVW96)

was only available in europe - so plan to shop ebay.de - but they go for close to $200 or so for used ones...so its not cheap, plus then you need to ship it here and to top it off - the radio doesn't work in the US...sucks but sometimes its worth it...

·
Registered
15,575 Posts
I thought the radio worked, but the CD plater was very tempermental....also ahd the RDS system so it displays the ID tag of the radio station...
Sean

·
Registered
11,423 Posts
Re: (EuroStyle)

Quote, originally posted by EuroStyle »
....also ahd the RDS system so it displays the ID tag of the radio station...
Sean

Thats some fancy stuff!

·
Registered
7,578 Posts
Re: (SoLo2pointO)

Wow...someone from Jewett City!! Don't have the CD player you are looking for but I"m local....if that matters.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Re: Where Can I Buy This CD Player?? :):Mk3GTi::)

Quote, originally posted by ::Mk3GTi:: »
EBAY IS THE WAY...
why would u want the stock deck any ways, they suck
amen! i didn't have a problem with the performance of my stock deck ('98 premium 6 disc changer w/ cassette) but when the cassette deck started acting up (it thought there was a tape in it, but there never was) i decided to get a pioneer 7500mp and the sound coming out of the factory speakers never sounded so clear and perfect. even with low quality mp3's it sounds like a nicely put together system. stock decks are http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Re: Where Can I Buy This CD Player?? (Apoc112)

The only reason I'm looking for a stock looking cd player with the blinking light is because my car got broken into at school with a aftermarket cd player. Granted they didn't take anything because I took the face off, but it wasn't nice cleaning up glass for the next couple weeks and paying a $100 for a window. Having a stock one in the car I'm sure no one will touch it because of the blinking light and because it's only stock. Thanks for the help though. Hopefully I can find one of these or something stock that is similar.

·
Banned
29,811 Posts
yeah no one will steal the stock cd player...but its a stock cd player...its garbage...

·
Registered
21,576 Posts
Re: Where Can I Buy This CD Player?? (WolfsburgVW96)

Quote, originally posted by WolfsburgVW96 »
The only reason I'm looking for a stock looking cd player with the blinking light is because my car got broken into at school with a aftermarket cd player. Granted they didn't take anything because I took the face off, but it wasn't nice cleaning up glass for the next couple weeks and paying a $100 for a window. Having a stock one in the car I'm sure no one will touch it because of the blinking light and because it's only stock. Thanks for the help though. Hopefully I can find one of these or something stock that is similar.

ill sell you my stock tape deck, discman, and the thing u plug into the discman to make it play in the cassete deck if you want

1 - 16 of 16 Posts