VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard sometime that some shell gas station was solding 94 octane gas?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: where can I find shell 94 octane gas in montreal? (QcGTI)

I never heard of shell 94 octane! we use to have some sunoco`s with 94,but we dont have sunoco`s in quebec anymore.
I think that the only 94 octane that you can get in Montreal,is in petro-canada gaz station.
I also think that there is some irving gaz station with 94 octane,but not around montreal.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Re: where can I find shell 94 octane gas in montreal? (phenix)

Don't know if you got it anymore but Pioneer has a 93 Octane here in Toronto. I don't buy Pioneer gas but I know they've got it here.
Andrew

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Re: where can I find shell 94 octane gas in montreal? (VWADDICT15)

quote:[HR][/HR]Don't know if you got it anymore but Pioneer has a 93 Octane here in Toronto. I don't buy Pioneer gas but I know they've got it here.[HR][/HR]​
I've heard from one of the Pioneer reps that some of the stations use Sunoco Ultra 94 & mix in regular for there "93 octane" gas. Atleast that was the case in Ottawa a few years ago...

·
Registered
341 Posts
Re: where can I find shell 94 octane gas in montreal? (RAD GTI)

We dont have Pioneer gaz station in Montreal,the closest one is in Ontario.

·
Registered
8,633 Posts
Re: where can I find shell 94 octane gas in montreal? (QcGTI)

I'm not sure about Montreal but here in Ontario (at least in the GTA anyways) here are the octane ratings that I've seen:
Sunoco: 94 at most stations but some have both Ultra AND Supreme 92 (weird)
Shell: 91 Optimax Golf
Petro Can: Super Clean 91
Esso: Super 92 (highest sulfur content by the way http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif )
Pioneer: 93 octane I think they call it Platinum or something
Ultramar: not sure but I used it with my chip and didn't have a problem so must be at least 91
I have an Autotech Q-chip and have only used Sunoco or Ultramar but haven't had any issues at all. Hope this helps.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts