VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I dont have a picture so I'm gonna try to explain this as best as I can. I need a fuel line but I dont know where to get it. My car has CIS-E. On top of the fuel distributor there are fuel lines but theyre weird. Its not the braided injector lines. They're black rubber hoses. They seem to be plastic inside and rubber on the outside, does anyone know where I can buy this?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Where can I find this... (LVMYGTI)

I got a piece from a local u pull it but it didnt work. It wouldnt stay on. Its like once the car starts to run the pressure of the fuel pops it off. This is the only thing that is stopping me from driving my car.
Anyone else have any ideas?

·
Registered
5,235 Posts
Re: Where can I find this... (dubchick21)

mostly a dealer only item, they usually only come with the metal tubing parts attached to each end. This usually means around 50 bucks per line section. I ended up using normal high-pressure fuel injection hose (rated for 100psi and fuel safe) and fuel injection hose clamps (which clamp without digging into the hose) in place of one, seems to be holding up so far... Of course, I do have a fire extinguisher mounted in the car, just in case.

·
Registered
5,235 Posts

Sounds like it's not high-pressure FI hose. They sell low-pressure FI (45psi) hose in addition to "fuel line" hose for carburated cars (20psi). Did the packaging say 90-100psi?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Re: Where can I find this... (negativl)

I dont know. I never really paid too much attention. It probably wasnt high pressure fuel line. Did using that and the clamps work OK for you?

·
Registered
5,235 Posts

well, I had to use some before the FPR, but after the main pump, so it should still be the same pressure (roughly)... Actually I'm still avoiding spending the money on the replacement section since i don't have the 50 bucks, so yeah, it's still holding up 3 months later.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Where can I find this... (negativl)

yeah i doubt that what i bought was high pressure, cuz mine only lasted maybe 2 days
Thanks for the help!!! http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.