VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says I am looking for any info on where or how to get a hood and front bumper for my 20thcar with out the notches in them for the front VW logo so I can put on the straight 2 bar grille.I realize this is ridiculous for such a small thing and would never consider it however unfortunately someone hit me the other day and smashed in my whole front, so I need to replace all of it anyways and since my insurance is paying and the shop said if I could find them they would put the different ones on instead.I need to know asap cuz they need to get started.I recall awhile ago I was asking around about some of the 20ths I saw on here with the straight grille with no notches, I asked how this was accomplished and I got three answers, fillers, weld a piece on the hood and repaint, and someone said you can buy both hood and bumper with out them, if this is true please any help finding where or part numbers, I can't remember if I was told it was parts from a different year or model that comes like that...any help would be greatly appreciated or suggestions thanks-Travis

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's why I was thinking it maybe was a different year or something I know someone told me that's how they did it...but it wouldn't be the first time a person lied...however insurance isn't gonna cover the work to weld n custom make it out of the stock one...that's why I was asking if it was possible to get one already un-notched cuz that way I wont have to pay to get it badgeless...im sure if I searched n searched there is an answer hiding somewhere on this site but I have no computer im on my cell phone right now and this is taking long enough that would take days to read through all that on this piece, so im sorry about that if u know where on here I might find the answer please let me know

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.