VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to paint my front and rear valence to match my matchstick red, but no stores seem to have any VW colors, a few GM colors "almost" match, but id like the right color. does VW sell it in cans? i dont wanna pay a body shop to paint it...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Re: Where can I get touch up SPRAY PAINT? (dieseldorf)

paintscratch charges out the a$$, go to the dealer and ask them for a spray can of your touch up paint. The color code is in the trunk next to the spare. If you're going to be painting that much you might want to order two cases. Mine was about 12 bucks I think and that was including clear coat. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Re: Where can I get touch up SPRAY PAINT? (rewsnAehT)

keep in mind, the valences' surface is not prepared properly for painting. the paint will either not stick or come off eventually leaving you with BLAH........
My local body shop charged me $60/each to paint, front and rear.
They will sand, prime, and paint and if I have any troubles down the road with it, just make my way back down there and they will help me.
Its totally worth it to get them painted professionally but thats just my 2cents....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.