VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,359 Posts
Re: Where do I buy tint spray (for tails etc)? (HyKlas)

a place called truck trends has it....but i dont necessarily care for teh night shades........I've used the testors stuff and it is worth having to repaint occasionally

·
Registered
10,579 Posts
Re: Where do I buy tint spray (HyKlas)

I assume you are going for the tinted look and not all-red like mine. I beleive Testors does make a translucent black and not the opaque black like what you have. The can should specify whether of not it is the see through type of paint. If not, just ask a salesperson at the hobby shop.
I would keep the clear though, as the Testors will fade over time without it.

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Re: Where do I buy tint spray (rabbitmania)

Okay, I'm going to take this black back to the store tomorrow. Is there any place online to order? Getting sick of driving around. I've probably paid for shipping three times in gas.

·
Registered
10,117 Posts
Re: Where do I buy tint spray (rabbitmania)

Hmm, not quite. You need to ask for the translucent black. It's actually labelled as model window tint, for tinting the glass on model cars.
Also use lots of automotive clearcoat for a tough finish.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Re: Where do I buy tint spray (83Rabbit)

quote:[HR][/HR]where can i get that sheet metal for floor mats?![HR][/HR]​
I don't know where you can but it in USA, but you get them pre-made from most german tuner companies. Or you make them your self. Just buy the alu floor mats from your local metall pusher.

[Modified by mk1classic, 1:34 PM 11-27-2001]

·
Banned
5,873 Posts
Re: Where do I buy tint spray (mk1classic)

testors polycarbonate spray tint.
looks like this when done right.
(my car)

the light transfers very well. my tails are dark, but i wanted them that way. put it on as thin as you want. my front repeaters are dark, but you'd never know they were tinted when the lights are on.

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Re: Where do I buy tint spray (mk1classic)

Yeah, Luke's A3 tails are DARK. Like, during the day if he puts his drivng lights on you can't see em
But he did a damn good job. Proof that you can do a good job if you take your time...

[Modified by schleppy, 10:11 AM 11-27-2001]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.