VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Scanned the car today and found this code:
16712/P0328/000808 - Knock Sensor 1 (G61): Signal too High
I don't know why I have this code, it drives normal.
I did have a little incident when it was raining hard, I tried to accelarete hard whil ]e it was raining and the car would sputter at higher RPM, something like if your coil pack would go bad.
I was thinking it might have been due to the air filter being soaked with water or even a wet MAF sensor, later the next morning when the car dried up it was fine, and it didn't show any codes...I don't know if that's related with this code now, it's been about a month since that incident.
This is from Ross-Tech's website
16712/P0328/000808 - Knock Sensor 1 (G61): Signal too High
Possible Symptoms
Irregular RPM
Drivability Issues
Loss of Power
Engine Damage
Possible Causes
Knock Sensor 1 (G61) Short to Plus
Knock Sensor 1 (G61) Open Circuit
Knock Sensor 1 (G61) improperly torqued
Knock Sensor 1 (G61) faulty
Engine Control Module faulty
Possible Solutions
Torque Knock Sensor 1 (G61) to specifications
Check Wiring and Connections
Check Knock Sensor 1 (G61) and Knock Control
Special Notes
This feature search for unusual (spontaneous) combustion. The sensor detects unusual vibrations and based on that it generates a voltage. Is this voltage outside a certain limit a dtc will be set.
Retrieved from "http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/16712/P0328/000808"

· Registered
4,418 Posts
Re: Where do I find a knock sensor? (rajvosa71000)

sensor 1 should be on the front of the block.
sensor 2 should be on the back of the block.
pretty sure the bentley says if theres a problem, to loosen it up, and retighten to 20nM/15ftlbs first.
should be pretty easy to find, bolts right into the block. like an 8-10 inch wire then the plug.
on the 12v's, sensor 1 is above the oil cooler, and sensor two is on the backside below the motor mount bracket.

· Registered
113 Posts
Re: Where do I find a knock sensor? (koko5869)

Make sure you don't over tighten them, they can crack. I would try the loosening and tightening thing first as the knock sensors usually don't go bad unless they are physically damaged.

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Where do I find a knock sensor? (volvoguy27)

Cool, the reason I scanned the car was because my interior lights stoped working as well as locking system, I cant even lock the car up, trunk stays open all the time and the fuel pump doesnt prime up when I open the doors.
It all atarted yesterday after I changed my tail light bulbs, I might have shorted something since I did it while the light where turned off

· Registered
2,685 Posts
Fuse 14 on the interior fuse panel is for the CCM. If it pops, you lose interior lights, remote, windows, sunroof, locks, and alarm. I had a short that kept killing the CCM fuse. It sucked!

· Registered
9,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Re: (apstguy)

Yeah I did, at first I found a few fuses didnt wanna light up, I was like wtf?
Than I started to check continuity on all of them and found #14 to be blown....it's all good now, thanks for the tip.
Now, I hope my knock sensor is alright, or at least that my engine is not damaged....but if it was I would image I'd have CEL on or noticable loss of power, or would at least hear some kinda noise.\We'll see what happens

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.