VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quad round grille came with me new car, but it's missing the little chunks that go at the very end of each side, between the 7"s and the fender... Where the heck would I find something like that? Thanks...

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Re: Where do I find grille chunks?? (Big CADDY)

Thanks CADDY, lemme rephrase, however: I need to find a junkyard with a Volkswagen in it. There is one south of the cities a bit, not too far... I'm gonna check with the rest of the VAGs, see if they know of any...This is one of those little pieces that make or break the car... And drive ya nuts to find it...

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Where do I find grille chunks?? (Big CADDY)

Hmmmm....Now that brings up a question.... I've never seen a Cabby grille up close. Should the end pieces be attatched like it appears in that photo? Mine looks like it would be a different part completely. Looked like there wasn't enough room to go around the lights...
Oh boy...lol...

·
Registered
6,745 Posts
Re: Where do I find grille chunks?? (SidRocco)

If you are talking about the ends(headlight surrounds) for the old style grill, you could still get them at the dealership last I checked. Just ask for the ones for an 87 cabriolet(last year they were available. They'll usually locate them easier than if you say it's for an older rabbit.
If you are talking about the screw hole covers for the 88 and newer cabby grill you can get those at the dealer as well. All those parts were really cheap last time I checked.

·
Registered
6,745 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Hmmmm....Now that brings up a question.... I've never seen a Cabby grille up close. Should the end pieces be attatched like it appears in that photo? Mine looks like it would be a different part completely. Looked like there wasn't enough room to go around the lights...
Oh boy...lol...[HR][/HR]​
Those aren't attached. They are just set up to look that way in the pic.

·
Registered
15,158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Where do I find grille chunks?? (Lunitixx)

Luni-- You are the man...If I can't find a set at the yard, I'll hit the dealership...Thanks for the info guys... I really appreciate it...
http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
61 Posts

If you don't have any luck at the dealership, email me - I've got a set sitting around the garage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts