VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,837 Posts
Re: Where do you put your cap when your pumping into your baby? (Majik6)

I don't know what car you have, but on the MKIII's the cap has 2 notches in it.. so you can just hook it to the gas cap door.. thats what I do

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Where do you put your cap when your pumping into your baby? (H2oVento)

Holy fark! I didn't even know that! Damn.. well, pointless poll I guess. Well, no, actually, it was a good poll since I got something out of it. Thanks!

·
Registered
14,399 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Holy fark! I didn't even know that! Damn.. well, pointless poll I guess. Well, no, actually, it was a good poll since I got something out of it. Thanks!
[HR][/HR]​

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
Re: Where do you put your cap when your pumping into your baby? (surefooted)

I didn't know that about the slots, either. Gotta love Vortex for the useful little tidbits.

I've always placed mine (carefully) on the edge of the trunk where the window comes down.
T.C.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Re: Where do you put your cap when your pumping into your baby? (EchoOfGecko)

quote:[HR][/HR]I don't do anything with it, but the guy that pumps my gas for me usually sets it on top of the pump.
[HR][/HR]​
there is a gas station in my area that pumps your gas for you, but i'm uneasy about the guy spilling gas down the side of my car, b/c that would make me very

·
Registered
6,760 Posts
Re: Where do you put your cap when your pumping into your baby? (phat-black-dub)

I either hook it on the door, or wedge it under the trigger so that I can leave it filling up the tank while I walk around the car and wash the windows.
quote:[HR][/HR]I don't do anything with it, but the guy that pumps my gas for me usually sets it on top of the pump.

there is a gas station in my area that pumps your gas for you, but i'm uneasy about the guy spilling gas down the side of my car, b/c that would make me very
[HR][/HR]​
On Oregon there are no self-service gas stations... full service only. Very silly, if you ask me.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Where do you put your cap when your pumping into your baby? (Lobstrosity)

no self serve in jersey either. i got out of my car and he walked up and we stood there for 3 minutes looking at eachother like "what do YOU want?" dumbass law man. i feel like a frag sitting there while some dude is pumping gas for me.
"can you check under my hood too while your at it big boy, and then toot my rear end?"

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Re: Where do you put your cap when your pumping into your baby? (Lobstrosity)

In NJ it is illegal to pump your own gas, so i let the goons at the gas station do it. They usually put it on the top of the pump, but every now and then they use the hooks for the gas cover door.

·
Registered
7,665 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]no self serve in jersey either. i got out of my car and he walked up and we stood there for 3 minutes looking at eachother like "what do YOU want?" dumbass law man. i feel like a frag sitting there while some dude is pumping gas for me.
"can you check under my hood too while your at it big boy, and then toot my rear end?"[HR][/HR]​
Werd, not to mention they usually end up dripping gas on your car (especially when freshly waxed) or hit your car with the tip of the pump cuz they aren't paying attention. And to top it all off, you pay more for the privilage.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Re: Where do you put your cap when your pumping into your baby? (H2oVento)

quote:[HR][/HR]I don't know what car you have, but on the MKIII's the cap has 2 notches in it.. so you can just hook it to the gas cap door.. thats what I do[HR][/HR]​
dido

·
Registered
41,822 Posts

On the nightstand?
er, ummm... on my last car (Neon), the gas cap was firmly attached to the filler neck by a small plastic cord, too short to do anything with the cap but let it dangle against the body.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Re: Where do you put your cap when your pumping into your baby? (KevinA)

I used to hang it on the fuel door (MK3) but it ends up scratching the top of the door, if you just started doing this.....stop! I have tons of tiny scratchs on the top of my fuel door! It sucks.

·
Registered
37,610 Posts

I usually just stick it on the roof and then forget about it and drive away without it.. I swear I've lost that damned cap at Sunoco more times that I'd like to remember. At least it's always there!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts