VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Re: Where is Digiracer? any update on his project? (kickster)

I just need a few little peices & i'll be ready to put the Crossflow head on.
I got the Head, OBD1 VR6 T-Body, the lower half of the stock X-flow intake, & a 4bar Corrado FPR.
I have to make or buy a plenum for the intake manifold, & I need headbolts, the MK3 style radiator hose, ABA headgasket, a new set of injectors, crossflow plug wires/sparkplugs, intake tubing & a few other odds & ends I can't think of right now.
I just ordered a BMW 735I air flow meter & these guys haven't received my check yet so I'm freaking out about that.

I still have to get the head out to the machine shop to have it decked to 10.5-10.8:1 & I'd like to have it flow tested while it's there.
Lately it's been so damn cold here in Ohio, & I've been working overtime so I haven't been able to do much.

i'll keep you posted Kickster

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

Digiracer! It's good to see you are at least still on track. I forgot to send those cam specs to you. Still want them? I think I still have your address.
The 4 bar FPR is early VR6. I don't think it is Corrado-specific. I saw it on a stock early VR6 Jetta.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Re: Where is Digiracer? any update on his project? (TeraFox)

i hope to have my digi 2 10.7:1 crossflow running in the next few days.
i would like to try the 4 bar fpr or G60 injectors as i only have the stock digi injectors and 3 bar fpr.
digiracer-with the VR6 TB what was the solution for TB switches?

·
Registered
597 Posts

Hey TeraFox
Yes I'd appreciate any info you can send me on the Head & Cam specs.
Thanks again Jonathan
Raven GTI
I'm thinking of modifying the TPS on the VR6 TB to work for WOT only as I'm ditching my ISV so I won't need the idle switch.
FWIW IMHO the stock Digi 2 injectors are more than sufficient
1.8L Digifant 2 injectors 205cc supposedly good for 180HP (I've heard)
2.0L Motronic injectors 189cc
Ford Mustang Injectors 195 cc
Digi 1 G60 Injectors 260cc
From what AMS has told me," you need more fuel pressure", they recommended a 4bar FPR
sounds like your putting together a nice Digifant2 car too, keep us all updated RavenGTI.
Kickster I haven't recieved the airflow sensor yet. I found it on
www.car-part.com which lead me to a fairly local place called Marshalls Auto Parts for only $41 out of an 85' BMW 735i.
This airflow sensor can be found on any older BMW with the 3.5L Inline 6. Ex)535I, 635I, 735I etc

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Re: Where is Digiracer? any update on his project? (Digiracer)

quote:[HR][/HR]I'm thinking of modifying the TPS on the VR6 TB to work for WOT only as I'm ditching my ISV so I won't need the idle switch.
[HR][/HR]​
d'oh, of course. i ditched the ISV also, i hadnt even thought that i wouldnt need the idle switch anymore. i suppose that makes it a lot easier. i made a mount for both switches but space and throttle cables wouldnt permit its use.
update- i just fixed my problem. WOT switch only. i am going to clip the idle switch off for a cleaner look. i am hoping to start it up this weekend, we will see. http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

[Modified by RavenGTi, 7:37 PM 2-7-2003]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.