1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,930 Posts
Hole in floor http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

·
Registered
9,897 Posts
Re: where the hell is this water coming from? soaked passenger floor (HiTdAtSiT)

i had this happen... AC drain was clear, sunroof drain was clear, but it would still soak my passenger side floor every rain... turned out to be the rain tray wasn't installed properly and was directing water straight into the air vent soaking the floor

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Re: where the hell is this water coming from? soaked passenger floor (trixx)

i just dealt with this same issue.. wasn't the AC drain.. wasn't the rain tray.. wasn't leaking in the door in any way.
it was my windshield leaking.
finally fixed now, though.
has your windshield ever been replaced? if so i would look into that.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Re: where the hell is this water coming from? soaked passenger floor (brobs is back)

Quote, originally posted by brobs is back »
i just dealt with this same issue.. wasn't the AC drain.. wasn't the rain tray.. wasn't leaking in the door in any way.
it was my windshield leaking.
finally fixed now, though.
has your windshield ever been replaced? if so i would look into that.

What did you do to plug it up brobs? Pull the trim and rtv that bish? Im having a similar problem, ac/door WS/sunroof drain all good and still getting wet. Mine is worse if the car is actually moving tho, especially highway. Figured it got to be the glass seal.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Re: where the hell is this water coming from? soaked passenger floor (bc2240)

id dry it out, sit inside and have someone soak it with a hose... i had a mk2 golf that turned out to be part of the door seal became shaped like a little channel that just let the water in.

·
Registered
2,966 Posts
FV-QR

when it happened to me in my gti it ended up being the rear passenger taillight seal, (I know completely random right?) I had just changed my taillights and the leaking started shortly after that. Changed the seal and leaking went away.

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Re: where the hell is this water coming from? soaked passenger floor (bc2240)

yes it sounds like your problem.
you have to pull all the trim down and use window urethane to seal it up.
i had a glass guy do it for me.. cost 75$ and he will fix any subsequent leaks.
he had to come back once and reseal the pass side because it was real bad, but now all leaks are stopped.
but if you wanted to do it yourself pull raintray cowl... upper trim off windshield (rubber strip thingy) drip rails (from hatch/rear glass on jetta to up to rain tray)
and the trim from the inside.. (pull sunvisors, headliner down.. a pillars)
and just seal up all those areas really well with black window urethane. (you can get it at auto parts stores.. be sure to wear gloves.. this ish is naaaaasty)
that's all this guy did.
(i was going to have him pull my glass and re-set it but since it's a cheapo replacement glass he couldn't guarantee not breaking it so he suggested just re-sealing as the best and safest option)

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks i think it just may be my windshield as its none of the other things you mentioned. just recently it started to leak on the A pillar so im assuming its getting worse? i did get the windshield replaced before and i notice there is some rust on top by the seals. im going to have somebody spray water on the car next time and see if it is just that. Dam that water makes the carpet STINK!

·
Registered
14,412 Posts
Re: (HiTdAtSiT)

i would remove all the carpet and under padding.. i think you will find quite a bit of water in there... there are also some C4 looking things under there i removed.
i let it all dry out for 2 weeks.. it seriously took that long. the underpadding retains water like a bish.
i would contact the people who replaced your windshield and tell them it's leaking.. they may have some type of warranty? if there is rust that can cause leaks

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
haha i doubt there is a warranty for shops in the junkyard. I replaced it 3 yrs ago i believe. Most of the water was on the rug and didnt go through it. i took the rug out to hang dry and the underpadding was slightly wet and i absorbed what i could with a chamois. It usually takes about a week for mine to dry.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.