VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been discussed before - but I'm in need of tires and can't seem to find the info I need...
BOTH http://www.tireseasy.com and http://www.onlinetires.com are out of stock. I actually placed an order over the phone with http://www.tireseasy.com a week ago after I was told they had 10 in stock - then got an email this morning saying "Oops - Were actaully out! ROFL - Our bad!". ****ing douchebags took an entire WEEK to find out they were out - which means they either staled on calling me... or have the worst order-to-sale shipping time on the planet.
Anyways - short of spending $100 a tire from the guy on the Samba... Has anyone else had any luck finding a distributor stateside that has these tires?!?

· Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: Where to buy 165/45 Federal tires?!? (HCClubPrez)

Tires Easy - 4 to 12 Week Back Order. (Side note - I'll never order from them again after their BS)
Online Tires - 3 to 4 Week Back Order.
Performance Tires Plus - Back Order.
Fixx Tuning - Back Ordered (awaiting a timeline).

I'm running outta leads - Anyone know of someplace/someone?!?

Modified by HCClubPrez at 11:21 AM 3-22-2010

· Registered
553 Posts
Re: Where to buy 165/45 Federal tires?!? (GoFastChickenwing)

I got mine from Powerhaus off the samba. Good prices and nice guys to deal with.
Edit: I just saw the part that hes gettin 100 a pop for em now. Wow!

Modified by GinsterGTI at 12:31 PM 3-22-2010

· Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Re: Where to buy 165/45 Federal tires?!? (GoFastChickenwing)

Quote, originally posted by GoFastChickenwing »

i ordered mine from them about 6 months ago. ordered online and recieved the tires a few days later. what happened with you?

Called and talked to a guy there who said they had 10 tires in stock. Ordered them on the spot last Monday... Got an email this morning saying "Sorry - We didn't have those tires so we cancelled your ordered". They emailed me tracking info last tuesday which had a delivery date of today... so if they didn't email me until today saying they're out - I apparently was never getting the tires today to start with!!!

· Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Where to buy 165/45 Federal tires?!? (this is my new username)

Well... I think I've given up on finding a set.
I've found acouple places that can get them for me..... for $130 a piece. ****. That.
Shortest lead time I'm finding is about 2 weeks - so apparently the new project is just gonna sit till then. http://****************.com/smile/emthdown.gif
If anyones got some they'd like to sell - or knows of a place that isn't charging an arm and a leg please let me know.

· Registered
14,525 Posts
Re: Where to buy 165/45 Federal tires?!? (HCClubPrez)

I think I read a thread months back that the price of these tires everywhere had gone up in price so the days of finding them for $60 is long gone.

· Registered
6,311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Where to buy 165/45 Federal tires?!? (wantacad)

Quote, originally posted by wantacad »

I think I read a thread months back that the price of these tires everywhere had gone up in price so the days of finding them for $60 is long gone.

I saw the thread as well - and it's not true.
I've found 4 different places that sell them for less then $60 a tire - they're just currently outta stock. For every one 1 place selling them at a reasonable amount - there are 4 trying to get you to pay double... just gotta hit the right prices at the right times.
Sounds like 1 or 2 places should have them back in stock in 2 weeks or less - so I'll just have to wait alittle longer to get to rolling.

· Registered
7,241 Posts
Re: Where to buy 165/45 Federal tires?!? (WCHLVR)

wow I did not realize these became such a hot commodity! I guess a 2 week wait to get them back in stock at some of the lower priced sellers is not terribly bad though. I noticed the price of all the harder to find lower diameter lower profile tires is going up. The Toyo 195 45 14s and 15s have gone up a bit too.

· Registered
2,851 Posts
Re: Where to buy 165/45 Federal tires?!? (mk1g60gti)

i bought a set of four for $200 2 new, 2 almost not worth mounting. then after i paid for them onlinetires had them on sale, and subsequently on back order

· Registered
843 Posts
Re: Where to buy 165/45 Federal tires?!? (4000stq)

i just purchased a set from online tires today. i had them physically check the warehouse before i gave them my payment info. i didnt want the dreaded call back about the back order. when i called they said they had 8 pairs of tires on hand. so i got 4. about 210.00 with shipping. i talked to jesse and he handled it all. double checked everything and said they'll ship first thing monday. so far online tires gets my http://****************.com/smile/emthup.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.