VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am upgrading the rear rotors on my Corrado g60, and I got a set of rear MK4 calipers nice and cheap, but they didnt come with the banjo line adapters for them....Does anyone know where to get the line adapters?

Scott

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Re: Where to buy banjo line's for MK4 rear Rotors? (A2VW4life)

Those lines are tough to find. The VW setup has the rubber line permanently attached to the steel line on the trailing arm.
Some of the recent Audi cars have a coupling between the rubber flex line and the steel hard line. 2002+ Audi A4 lines work (but they are a bit long, great for older cars with the hard line on the bottom of the trailing arm). One of the other newer Audis has a much shorter line, but I'm not 100% sure which one has it.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dam that isnt what I wanted to hear......I guess I will be making a trip to the local audi dealer.....

·
Registered
17,081 Posts
Re: (A2VW4life)

you can get long braided lines that go all the way to the pivot point of the rear beam. hooks up to those 2 stubby lines.

·
Registered
6,018 Posts
Re: (white_r!ce)

Quote, originally posted by white_r!ce »
you can get long braided lines that go all the way to the pivot point of the rear beam. hooks up to those 2 stubby lines.

Generally, you want to keep the flex lines as short as possible. Even braided stainless lines are far more elastic than welded steel hard lines. Longer flex lines will give you a mushy pedal.
Quote, originally posted by A2VW4life »
Dam that isnt what I wanted to hear......I guess I will be making a trip to the local audi dealer.....

They aren't cheap at the dealer (I paid about $75 for a pair of the longer ones for the Audi A4). I've got a set of the shorter ones that are brand new (never installed). They came with a pair of calipers I got and I had to have the longer lines to reach my hard lines. Email me an offer if you are interested. I'm probably more reasonable than the dealer (but I won't just give them away for shipping).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts