VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a quote from Mike Potter for stock US 16v fenders $100 ea. and Euros for $200 ea. I don't recall who posted that RPI had the euros for only $75 ea. The pic posted looked like stock 8v, not the G60 with the cut-out lip and 2 notches on the arch. I like dealing with Mike, but $400 is steep (real OEM VW I'm told).

·
Registered
7,051 Posts
Re: Where to buy G60 Euro fenders (Eric D)

I don't have part #'s to back it up,but I think the g60 fenders are the same as 91/92 gti 16v fenders,Except for the side marker holes. If it were MY car,I'd spring for the real vw fenders. The metal is much thicker,and they fit better. And,if you buy the euro fenders,you won't have to pay somebody to weld up the marker lite holes.

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Where to buy G60 Euro fenders (8vGTI)

Thanks, I figured the ones that RPI sold were aftermarket as the color of the fenders were black (typical Taiwan). The character line on aftermarket fenders, don't line up right, I see the flaw often in the mags. As for my situation, I may just cut my stock fenders and make the G60 arches fit. This will save me painting and $200. I don't want the banana lights, so I'll try Casacade Performance Group http://www.tuningscience.com
Any other sources for euro fenders that fit the g60 arches? Tuning Zubehor possibly? I've see the turbo fender (I like the vent).

·
Super Moderator
2013 Tacoma
16,036 Posts
Re: Where to buy G60 Euro fenders

Eric, I went through this whole delema with my car. I wanted to run the G60 flares with a correctly notched fender and NOT have a side marker light. My options were to fill in the side marker on a NA spec 16V fender or to notch an aftermarket euro fender. For the $400 it's costing me (from Mike) I just went with the real deal European G60-GTI fenders.
I'm not a bodyman and figured it'd cost at least $100 if not more to fill in the banana light hole (putting me at $300 total if I bought NA spec fenders) so the $100 extra in piece of mind knowing it's foing to be all factory metal there was worth it.
Matt
P.S. I still need those GTI side marker light plugs to fill the side marker light hole in my new fenders.

·
Registered
3,010 Posts
Re: Where to buy G60 Euro fenders (Matt)

quote:[HR][/HR]P.S. I still need those GTI side marker light plugs to fill the side marker light hole in my new fenders.[HR][/HR]​
You need the siderepeater plugs/wire/bulb or the lense? If you need the lense potterman sells the flat ones for $22, if you need the gasket/bulb/wire/plug go to your local VAG junkyard and take them from the far corner of the taillights of an early 90s audi. Sometimes they are located other places on the car too, but i have had good luck taking them from each corner of the taillights, they are the correct socket, they have the little rubber condom gasket and cool plug for the wiring.

[Modified by lucaq, 11:50 AM 11-27-2001]

·
Super Moderator
2013 Tacoma
16,036 Posts
Re: Where to buy G60 Euro fenders (lucaq)

I'm not going to run side markers at all. What I'm looking for are the little square GTI badges that fill in the side marker hole. Most of the ones you see on the wolfsburg cars have the wolsfburg castle and the Fox (wolf?) on it.
Eric had a line on some from europe and I was just reminding him about them.
Thanks for the tip though
Matt

·
Registered
26,702 Posts
Re: Where to buy G60 Euro fenders (hsd16vdub)

quote:[HR][/HR]cool the only mod u have 2 do to fit the fenders is put mustard on them?
[HR][/HR]​
Hahahah, and not that cheap Safeway brand mustard either

·
Super Moderator
2013 Tacoma
16,036 Posts
Re: Where to buy G60 Euro fenders (A2GTI_8V)

Iif you're running the 16V flares on an 8V fender, isnt that kind of defeating the useful purpose of the wider flares? It may look fine, but without that notch cut in the fender, the lip of the fender is 1/4" or so further inboard and could potentially cut up your tire.
I realize I'm going the expensive way, but I'l also trying to do it the right way and with factory parts

Matt

·
Registered
20,571 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

http://www.skperf.com/exterior/exterior.html

Still only an 8v fender,and possibly Taiwan to boot.
I'm going to mod my stock fender, treat the bare metal and spot paint the modded area. This will get me the looks and no need to repaint the whole front end. I figure I'll get around to getting a euro fender from Germany or Mexico possibly next year.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts

quote:[HR][/HR]Iif you're running the 16V flares on an 8V fender, isnt that kind of defeating the useful purpose of the wider flares? It may look fine, but without that notch cut in the fender, the lip of the fender is 1/4" or so further inboard and could potentially cut up your tire.
I realize I'm going the expensive way, but I'l also trying to do it the right way and with factory parts

Matt[HR][/HR]​
i trimmed the fenders with my dremel, so there's no tire rub.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Re: Where to buy G60 Euro fenders (Eric D)

quote:[HR][/HR] http://www.skperf.com/exterior/exterior.html

Still only an 8v fender,and possibly Taiwan to boot.
I'm going to mod my stock fender, treat the bare metal and spot paint the modded area. This will get me the looks and no need to repaint the whole front end. I figure I'll get around to getting a euro fender from Germany or Mexico possibly next year.
[HR][/HR]​
So this fender work with the G60 flears??

·
Super Moderator
2013 Tacoma
16,036 Posts
Re: Where to buy G60 Euro fenders (vwtoys)

Wei, eventually I will, but my Euro fenders are still on the boat from Europe. You're welcome to my stock one, but it'll be a while I think.
Matt

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.