VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some new G60 flares in the mail and now im wondering where I should cut. I know some people have pictures. Also how do you attach it? There are like clips at the top that my fenders dont have "recepticals" lol, for. Do I cut holes in the fenders to make those fit? Any help is apprecitated!

Modified by werksmini at 8:16 PM 11-12-2004

· Registered
10,179 Posts
You too, eh? Here's my thread I posted a few days ago on this topic: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1675792
It would appear you can just slice off those inner clip things on the g60 flare and use 3m moulding adhesive to keep it on the car, along w/ screws. Also, you can cut the top of the arch if you wanna slam your GLI. Only if it's slammed though, otherwise you don't need to do it unless you're already rubbing.

· Registered
12,744 Posts
Re: (WickedMystic)

Quote, originally posted by WickedMystic »
You too, eh? Here's my thread I posted a few days ago on this topic: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1675792
It would appear you can just slice off those inner clip things on the g60 flare and use 3m moulding adhesive to keep it on the car, along w/ screws. Also, you can cut the top of the arch if you wanna slam your GLI. Only if it's slammed though, otherwise you don't need to do it unless you're already rubbing.

^
same thing i posted in his thread.
you should be able to get the molding adhesive at any paint supply store. Up here I went to Wesco, not sure if you guys have it though

and the only real way to tell where your rubbing is to check the fender (or flare). There will be scuff marks on the flare or most likely paint missing on the fender, depending which you are rubbing.

· Registered
18,473 Posts
Re: Where to cut fenders. (COP TZR)

Quote, originally posted by COP TZR »
is that a production 16V fender, or did you cut that then paint it?

Thats a genuine VW euro fender that Rich Pugh purchased.
I would have used these pics, but they are dark. These I sold awhile back

Modified by Eric D at 4:26 PM 11-12-2004

· Registered
10,179 Posts
Wait a sec, do all vw fenders have that little insert right next to the bumper mounting holes, or is this a 16v-specific thing? It looks like the g60 flare would fit in quite nicely right there, I hope it doesn't mean the g60 flare won't fit very well on my ride!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.