VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The deal is that my R is in getting the rear subframe replaced. Dealer couldn't find a new one anywhere and have been looking used.

They found one in kinda "meh" condition that was pretty rusty and had seized /broken bolts.

Before they fix it up and put it in I wanted to ask the community if there may be another option out there?

Appreciate any leads:beer:

Dude

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is the aluminum subframe from an Audi that should be a direct bolt on and be a bit lighter in the rear, I can pull up the part number shortly, but it's around 800+ from shopDAP. The part was referred to in the tyrolsport teardown and build.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
Cost is fine with me but I guess that would make me more nose heavy if I didn't do the front also?

Either way, this sounds promising!

Thanks man:beer:

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Cost is fine with me but I guess that would make me more nose heavy if I didn't do the front also?

Either way, this sounds promising!

Thanks man
Technical Data and Modification for Hardcore Enthusiasts is the thread title, page 46 post #1149, Aluminum Subframe part number is 1K0 505 235 N some people asked a couple of questions, and when I googled the part number years ago I did find a couple of people who had installed it. I would say it does make the vehicle nose heavy but if you where planning to do the battery relocation I think it would re-even it out? Hopefully that part works out for you

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Technical Data and Modification for Hardcore Enthusiasts is the thread title, page 46 post #1149, Aluminum Subframe part number is 1K0 505 235 N some people asked a couple of questions, and when I googled the part number years ago I did find a couple of people who had installed it. I would say it does make the vehicle nose heavy but if you where planning to do the battery relocation I think it would re-even it out? Hopefully that part works out for you

Duuuuude... Amazing memory. Epic thread! Totally forgot about that being in there. Wow.

ShopDAP says part no longer available but glad to know as the search resumes.

Cheers 🍻

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Duuuuude... Amazing memory. Epic thread! Totally forgot about that being in there. Wow.

ShopDAP says part no longer available but glad to know as the search resumes.

Cheers 🍻
It's been on my list forever and was available a couple weeks or months ago when I looked it up. I don't know how Legit Audi USA is but they seem to have it available to order, but I would check with them before ordering if you go that route. Either way I know you will find the part you need!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.