VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i was thinking about just grabbing some alum. and making my own. come to think of it the last time they were out was when i was doing my timing belt and i may have just thrown them in there without torquing them down considering i finished around midnight

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
how about a far easier solution.
you see the rubber ribs on them? they form an air tight seal when pushed down..
that air when it gets hot expands, sometimes overcoming the friction of the ribs and pushes them up..

FIX: cut a slot in the ribs so they dont form the air tight seal, and they will stay put..
all you need is a sharp craft knife

simples.
;) :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
that air when it gets hot expands, sometimes overcoming the friction of the ribs and pushes them up..

FIX: cut a slot in the ribs so they dont form the air tight seal, and they will stay put..

simples.
GENIOUS!!! That has got to be one of the best home solutions I have heard of..kudos to heads up thinking.

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

simples.
that rubber seal is there for a reason :thumbup::screwy: i don't exactly want water and moisture getting down into the contact point of my plug and coil. Not to mention other dirt and debris falling into the cylinder when taking the plugs out.

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
that rubber seal is there for a reason :thumbup::screwy: i don't exactly want water and moisture getting down into the contact point of my plug and coil. Not to mention other dirt and debris falling into the cylinder when taking the plugs out.
I have to agree with this.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.